gauges hooked up - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

gauges hooked up

ok i got my gauges hooked up but the only thing is im not sure if its all correct info how do i now will it all be correct when i put it in and with the boost im only geting 11 psi is that correct and its taking a while to build up its not a quick responce

2004 f250::::::sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rocking a sunburst orange jeep patriot pulling a sea doo rxp-x supercharged with stage 1 riva kit :

cheaper on fuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Sponsor

Re: gauges hooked up

NO your boost should be upwards of 30, and boost moves very quickly. SOunds like you might have it plugged up or a leak in the tube somewhere.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

im geussing he has no chip, are not tuned to hot. without a chip i only see about 16, but it does get there pretty quick. my geuss would be plugged/kinked/leaky tube going to gauge, just as dalpilot stated

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PMRCM#1

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

i got it i had a bad sensor but got it fixed and god damn alot differnt i am pushing around 30 thx

rocking a sunburst orange jeep patriot pulling a sea doo rxp-x supercharged with stage 1 riva kit :

cheaper on fuel
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Sponsor

I have had a couple autometer boost gauges have a bad spot around 15-20 and the needle sticks, tried another gauge and went to 30. You can test this by regulating shop air down down to 30 PSI and shooting it in the tube.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

yeah i didn't go with auto meter i have ones called spek there really nice i would recommend over auto meter anyday

cheaper on fuel
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Dieselized

sounds to me that it is hooked to the MAP sensor or that MAP hose it will read 11 psi if it is hooked there

You call yourself a mechanic, you can't even fix a mechanical pencil.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

well nope it wasnt it was hooked straight to the intake but it was a bad sensor and got it fixed now pushing 30 strong

cheaper on fuel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode