whoring out my stock turbo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
lott is my daddy

whoring out my stock turbo

who is best at whoring this thing out? I know elite offers the VGT SS upgrade. I was looking at getting a complete turbo from black widow, do they do mods on the stock as well? anyone else do mods on the stock? im not sure that i want to put a complete new turbo in my truck. i just want to get into the 13s with my truck, stage 1 injectors and stage 1 fuel system would be other mods to go along with the new air....any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'd rather be hated by 12 than carried by 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: whoring out my stock turbo

Give Tadd a call at Elite, and call Brian at Black Widow... Both can set you up.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Sponsor

how far into the 13s are u looking to go? if high 13s are ur goal i would try some different tuners. if that doesnt get u there try a stage one fuel system.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
lott is my daddy

im running dj's stuff right now...without my limited slip working and a fairly good launch im in the mid 14s...thats being really modest with my right foot cause if not i spin my right wheel to about 35 lol

i want to be in mid to lower 13s. i dont want to fork over that much cash for a turbo and complete fuel system cause i am not THAT serious...i just like to go fast on weekends and on 35s with a 6 inch lift (is that possible?) part of me wanting to go fast is also a bet with my dad cause he was into muscle cars and i bet him i could get to mid to low 13s.

i already spoke with brian at black widow when i got my original prices for turbo, fuel system, injectors etc. etc. maybe i can see if they want to develope a kit to mod a stock turbo to appeal to a different customer who doesnt want to spend as much? idk what R&D would have to go into it but i imagine ceramic coating and different wheels, ball bearings etc etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
PSN Newb

i hear long island diesel does an upgrade to an o3 style wheel for cheaper than elite around a grand rather than 2 grand for pretty much the same thing
I believe they are called long island diesel performance specialize in 6.0

2000 F-350 eclb 6 speed dp tuner s&b intake 4" exhaust banks turbo upgrade

2006 F-350 cclb s&b intake SCT mbrp exhaust accufab intake elbow auto meter quad pillar

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie21 View Post
i hear long island diesel does an upgrade to an o3 style wheel for cheaper than elite around a grand rather than 2 grand for pretty much the same thing
I believe they are called long island diesel performance specialize in 6.0

I am sure most here know to be very careful with Long Island Diesel...

And I can tell you right now that LIPD does nothing compared to what Elite Diesel does...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
lott is my daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I am sure most here know to be very careful with Long Island Diesel...

And I can tell you right now that LIPD does nothing compared to what Elite Diesel does...
elite is going through growing pains right now so im going to wait till i start hearin a little bit better things first.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchase View Post
elite is going through growing pains right now so im going to wait till i start hearin a little bit better things first.
Have you called in the last few weeks? I have talked to Tadd, Garret, Brandon, and they have some new girl there... Cant place her name... Growing pains over...

Joe
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Have you called in the last few weeks? I have talked to Tadd, Garret, Brandon, and they have some new girl there... Cant place her name... Growing pains over...
The girls names are Lisa and Tamara. But they have afew more PPL working for them now and are becoming much easier to get ahold of. Dan and Shawn can help you out as well.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Tamara I know... Tadds wife... Lisa... thats the one with the myspace page...

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode