Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

real smokey with 190cc and stock charger

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  miller45103 
#1 ·
ok i recently put a set of 190cc ii injectors in a truck the customer brought me the injectors cuz thats what he wanted, now when trying to drive normal it is real smokey, my ? is with some custom tuning can we clean up sum of the smoke?

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Yes! I have 190 injectors and Eric at Innovative Diesel did my tuning for them. They just pull back on the fuel and it is very street drivable. Not smokey at all and still powerful! I'm on the stock turbo too.

#7 ·
wow it was a simply ? he had all intentions of installing a charger that wood take care of the fuel but after some other expenses that will have to wait a bit, but just wanted to make sure, but thanks for ur worthless input, just looking for helpfull input

#8 ·
I am just saying if you didnt know that u can detune injecters with a custom tune u probably should not be chargeing others to work on there trucks. That is pretty basic info. We have so called diesel shops around. Here that spring up then they trash someones $15,000 motor next thing u know they are gone and re open under some other name.

#9 ·
ok thanks again for ur info iam not one thats gonna sit on here and bicker back and forth, yes i no injectors canned be detuned i guess i was looking for input on others that run 190s and a stock charger so i was looking for real life results, thanx and please dont need to keep the bickering going on, so thanks and have a good day!

#10 ·
I have 205/150's with a stock charger. Its VERY smokey with the injector tune full. But I had Vivian (Quick Tricks) cut the fuel back. Hardly even smokes unless I stab the throttle from a stop.

#12 · (Edited)
What's your egt's? When cruising, WOT, pulling a hill ect?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.