Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Started buying parts, take a look and tell me if I'm on the right track.

900 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jdpolzin 
#1 ·
I started buying parts for my 04. The truck has a cold air kit and exhuast that I know of. The motor is a REMAN motor and I dont know what all was changed when they did it. They may have deleted the EGR, may not have. I know it doesnt have studs. The ECM was re-tuned at one time, only reason I know is there is a sticker under the hood.

So, here's what I've started with from XtremeDiesel.com

Solution Kit:XDP Powerstroke Solution (XDP EGR Delete Kit, Ford Factory Head Gaskets, Oil Cooler and ARP Head Studs more)

SCT Programmer:SCT SF3 Power Flash Ford Programmer 3015

Now, with the SCT, I think it has 3 preloaded tunes, can I add more? I'm really wanting one for fuel economy. I see there is a fuel economy tuner available but I didnt think I wanted it for that sole purpose.

Also, this truck came from Texas and I havent looked but I would imagine it still has the CAT on it. Is there a CAT delete kit available?

Thanks for the website and all the knowledge I've gained in a short time. ----Jeremy

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, just went out and looked and the truck does have the CAT deteled with a turbo back MagnaFlow 4" system.

I wish there was a way to tell if the EGR has been deleted already. The saleman said the motor had work done but not sure what all that includes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.