:: AIRDOG 2USERS PLEASE CHIME IN:: - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

:: AIRDOG 2USERS PLEASE CHIME IN::

Okay so with all the negative feedback on AD2s. I and Term3 thought it would be a good idea to start a thread and see who is running them. I want to know 1) Have you had any problems 2) How long have you been running it. 3) Are you using a sump. 4) Have you made your own wire harness, if so what size while and have you had any problems since. 5) How do you get the power i.e- batteries or alternator. 6) Did you use the fuse tap or tap into the factory harness? 7) Anything extra like 'how many pumps you went though' etc...

Just wanted to make sure all portions where covered, if you think I missed something pm me and I'll add it. Thank you

2006 F-350 CCSB Lariat
MBRP 4" exhaust, Powermax, Gearhead SRL, Edge CTS w/ Egt probe and Fuel Pressure, Blue Fuel Pressure Spring, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, High Idle Mod, CCV Mod, Zerex ELC, JVC DVD head-unit, JL Stealthbox and JL Slash 500/1v2 amp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:35 AM
PSN Local

Re: :: AIRDOG 2USERS PLEASE CHIME IN::

I got the kit on ebay for around $700 plus. I did have a pump fail.....depree got loged into the gears that pump fuel and burnt the pump up. I didnt turn in my warranty card like an idiot. And ended up buyin a new pump for $250 from pureflow....(airdog manufacture). I would say buy the kit made for your truck and turn ur warranty card in and pureflow will give you a new pump if it fails....my pump lasted about 6 months....they have upgraded the pump a little bit since i bought my first one. As far as the wiring harness goes its simple and i never had any issues with it.

190's, barder stage 3, big oil, twisted stage 3, studded grandpa 4 door flatbed pipeliner.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 02:20 PM
PSN Local

I've had mine for over a year with no issues. I run a Hellman sump and have had no issues with the setup. I used the supplied harness and ran the power into the factory fuse block. The entire install including the removal of the tank and sump install was 10 hours.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
PSN Local

Have been running mine now for a couple of years, Motor on one unit burned up and they replaced it, pump went bad on another unit and they replaced it, regulator went bad on one of these units and they sent me the upgraded regulator that prevents it from going over 80 psi. Last time home I tweeked on my fuel pressure just a little and now everytime I crank her up she pegs out at 80 and then finaly back down to 65psi. I still have my stock set up just incase this pump leaves me stranded out in the middle of BFE.

USMC
05 F250 6" LIFT,
CUSTOM FUEL SYSTEM
GAUGES, FUEL,TRANS,OIL,PYROMETER,BOOST
FLUID DAMPER
SCTF3 TUNE
HELLMANS SUMP
4.10 GEARS
UCF Oringed heads with +625 studs
MBRP
EDS FICM
PHP
Warren 175/75 INJECTORS
APEX PORTED MANIFOLD
OUO RADIUS ARMS
BPD RADIATOR
ALRADCO INTERCOOLER
RCD 68/BATMOWHEEL
TWISTED STG 3 TRANS W/P&I CONVERTER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode