PROBLEM PLEASE HELP - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Angry PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Well I got the insight CTS installed tonight and took the truck for a drive. I noticed a huge issue. Just driving like normal my EOT was anywhere from 9 to 26 degrees higher than my ECT. I understand that anything over a 15 degree difference is very bad correct?

I am looking now to have the truck worked on to fix this issue and preventive further problems. I am looking at doing coolant filtration kit, oil cooler, egr delete, ford factory head gaskets, arp studs and all the other gaskets I need. Is $1550 dollars shipped to my door a good price for all that stuff. I have a shop that is reputable in the area for doing head studs on the 6.0 but I have not got a labor quote yet. also is there any other parts I am going to need to have this work done correctly and is there anything else you guys would recommend having done while its already apart?

Oh ya I am going to have the heads checked and machined too so I dont have to pay for this again later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 PM
PSN Local

Re: PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

For $1550 RCD will sell you all that and a SCT x3 tuner. Without the tuner it's $1250 so I would say your price is a little steep

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
Studs,egr delete, regulated return,RCD 68powermax, banks CAI,FICM tunes from PHP, Tuned by Eric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ill check into that... it sounds like a great price thx

i looked it up and it has the black onyx gaskets everybody i have talked to said it is safer to stay with the ford gaskets

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM
PSN Local

They don't carry black onyx anymore. Probably haven't updated the site. I you call them I'm sure they will make sure you get oem gaskets

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
Studs,egr delete, regulated return,RCD 68powermax, banks CAI,FICM tunes from PHP, Tuned by Eric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ok awesome in that case it a great deal then i only gotta get the coolant filtration kit... I have been told not to worry about a remote cooler is this true?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 PM
PSN Local

They have a coolant filter kit too it's about $130 if I remember correctly. Are you talking remote oil cooler?

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yes remote oil cooler
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I would love to do the remote oil cooler but it is 1000 dollars plus a 700 dollar core... that would push me to over 5 grand with the core and 4500 dollars after the core returned... that is not really in my budget i already cant really afford to spend the 3500 on everything else but it has to be done
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 AM
PSN Local

I think as long as you flush it well before you put the new one in and change the filter after the first 1000 miles I think you will be good. At a $1000 you could replace the stock one twice. I would just spend the $130 on a coolant filter. Spend the other $870 and put it towards bigger injectors or turbo. Just my opinion

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

thanks that is exactly what I was thinking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode