banjo bolt sizes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

banjo bolt sizes

Anyone know what the diameter and threat size of the banjo bolts on the 6.0 is?

Keep strokin!
-Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: banjo bolt sizes

12 x 1.5 if I recall correctly........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

what language are we speaking? I cant imagine the thread is 1.5" diameter and 15mm sounds kinda small for a banjo...

I ask because I would like to make my own regulated return kit with new lines and such.

Powerstroke = American Stroganoff

PS if anyone out there is a whisky man, may i suggest Red Breast. Bottoms up.

-Jon

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
PursuitInterceptor

12mm with 1.5 thread pitch if I recall correctly. Regulated Return systems aren't really needed.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Im looking to run 225's, till i can afford a turbo. I did the blue spring upgrade and was thinking the regulated return would help to make sure the sticks don'st starve.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok so I've been working diligently on putting together my own regulated return kit, I'm about 95% there.

What is everybody's thoughts about regulated returns? you dial it in to 60 psi and walk away right? well then WTF is the blue spring for? Is the stock fuel filtration system that bad that we should do away with it and the stock regulator? and get an AirDog?

I completely agree with correcting the banjo bolt restriction if i want to go with 225cc injectors, but do I really need to do all this other BS?

-Jon
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
PursuitInterceptor

225s are too much for the stock turbo. The blue spring is for those of us that know regulated returns are not required for mildly modded trucks.

Your situation requires you to delete the OEM fuel pressure regulator.

You dig.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:12 PM
PSN Veteran

How did you arrive at the conclusion that RR are not needed?

OP you can buy just the banjos at Strictly Diesel.

2006 F350 Lariat Tow Boss W/training wheels.

SCT W/GH's tunes, ARP's, Blk & Heads milled, Strictly RR and aux coolant lines, 6" Aussies, Snow MPG-Max, BPD: VK688,EGR, W/Pump, and FICM, Coolant filt, Train Horns, CTS (Monitor only) + Autometer backups

RIP Muley 9-25-09
Keep on Honkin' Jerry 04-05-10
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Practical application of mechanical ability....I do more than just READ what to do to my truck. I do it with my own two hands to see the results. Besides there are several high HP 6.0 trucks running "deadhead" system with no issues.

Don't believe me....then prove me wrong. Prove 1000HP trucks that their owners are wrong. Use the search feature............it's there proof is just a click away. Once you find it USE the info, apply it to your truck and report your findings.

You dig.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

HeavyAssault,
Im not quite sure what tone you typed at so I am just going to say, I have been doing lots of homework. I am still new to diesel's and I want to learn all I can, thus my questions above.

I have also found this thread this thread alone makes me want to say "225cc Injectors here I come!"

I am in no way trying to say that anyone is wrong OR right, I am asking "why..." I mean with 255's am i going to be flowing so much fuel that my upper filter just crushes, starve my injectors and blowup my truck?

I am all about high HP, but i am also BROKE. So I need to find myself a happy medium where I can achieve my personal goal with my truck and be satisfied without, well, going bankrupt. Truthfully I would die to have a truck like Stonepusher, or anyone else with a 6.0 standard cab and 4x4, that i could steroid out and do 1200HP fuel only. unless I hit the jackpot, I need to be able to justify why I am spending $650 for upgraded fuel lines and RR when from what i can tell just replacing banjo bolts achieves the same thing. After all I am a new business owner, young and hooked to a ball and chain (whom i love dearly) and I do not have the hours in the day to do every inch of research, that just another reason why we have forums right?

Keep Strokin,
Jon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode