lifting - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

lifting

ok i am wanting to lift my 05 f250 i want to go with a 3" or 4" lift and i was woundering if anyone on here knew of the best lift for the price and also what lift would give me a good ride quality any input would help thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 03:38 AM
PSN Local

Re: lifting

Carli suspension starter kit. Can't really beat the quality and price of that. It will give the front a 4.5 loft. But you will need the stock f350 blocks for a truly level stance.

2005 F-250 Custom 4" TB exhaust, AFE Stage II, High Idle Mod, CCV Mod, 6 Inch Fabtech, 35/16 wide Dick Cepek tires
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

$1800 bucks it is a good looking suspension though i seen where a guy on here put the rough country 4" on his and was woundering does anyone have a comint on that lift on ride quality and so on

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

also i looked at the ready lift sst 3.5" does anyone have any info on this one
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 AM
PSN Local

leveling kit and you can fit 35's...that is about 2.5" up front...and you can throw F-350 4" blocks out back if you want to keep the rake

best part about a leveling kit with your truck (05-07) is that it won't affect your factory ride. it's a simple spacer, so the same spring rates you already know (and love) are still there

I have the Donahoe Racing (Icon) 4.5 on my F-250. Rides amazing. It's obviously a truck...but nothing too extreme and we have really ####ty roads out here in Hawaii

2000 Excursion
2012 Challenger R/T
2015 Tahoe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ya my wife always complanes how rough my truck is it has rancho shocks on it they were on it when i got it so that could be one resone it rides rough i have noticed that it rides rougher than the other 3/4 tons i've rode in so im hoping its just the shocks and i have been looking at just the leveling kit for it and 35s is really the biggest i want to go with i am just tring to see if there is a lift out there that might inprove the ride qulity
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Probably have to go with one of the expensive lifts like Icon if you want an improvement in ride quality. Upgrading from the factory shocks will give you a firmer, less bouncy ride and less body roll around corners.

2007 F-250 CCLB Lariat FX4 6.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuekear View Post
I just blow my heads off the block once a year. Keeps nice clean antifreeze in it, although not that cost effective it sure is fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode