6.0 bottom end - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

6.0 bottom end

hey guys just got my build all wrapped up a few months ago and damn is it running good. I was thinking last night so i decided to do some research into rods and such. What are the bottom ends on the 6.0's letting go at? Im hoping to make a little over 600 and be ok with the stock bottom end. Any experience you guys have lets here it.

DC Smoke, sct, eric-innovative, Hallas Performance, FCDP, Bullseye performance, Warren Diesel, Air Dog

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
stock trans until it explodes
ARP
Black Onyx

“My liver is like a diesel, takes awhile to get warmed up but after that she will run all night.“
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: 6.0 bottom end

From everything I have read and heard, you will be just fine with 600hp on the stock bottom end. I would probably look into a set of rods if you have your goals in the 700+hp range. JMO

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

thats what i have been reading as well but then i saw a few guys say 600+ but honestly im going to run it until it blows and then just build it bigger.

DC Smoke, sct, eric-innovative, Hallas Performance, FCDP, Bullseye performance, Warren Diesel, Air Dog

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
ARP
Black Onyx

“My liver is like a diesel, takes awhile to get warmed up but after that she will run all night.“

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:20 PM

That sounds like a plan for sure. I knew a guy who had some 205s with compounds (so I am sure it was well over 600hp) that windowed his block but I believe it was more due to his tranny failing, thus allowing the motor to rev to like 4500rpms, and then the wrist pin let go allowing the connecting rod to slip out and come through the block. I would say that that was more due to the transmission over an inadequate motor. JMO.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:27 PM
PSN Veteran

Start saving for your next set of head gaskets, and transmission first...

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

i have 3 sets of gaskets that i got a package deal on so good in that department. but back to the rpm i have seen/recorded 4400+ with out break up a few times and the truck loves it, now i know it probably isnt the best for it but damn does it move when it is up in the rpm's.

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
ARP
Black Onyx

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Three sets of BO gaskets for free wouldn't be a deal...just sayin.

If you have factory ford head gaskets...then put them in.

There have been guys that have windowed blocks with nitrous, and some that the blocks fail just driving down the road.
The better prepared you are...hopefully the better your chances of a failure of not happening.

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

so your telling me black onyx are junk?? and i know anything can happen at anytime just the way life is.

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
ARP
Black Onyx

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Yea man Ivan is right. There have been too many head gasket failures from trucks with those in them to be coincidence.

Of course you can and will do what you want to here but IMO I would just throw your sets away and get some OEM head gaskets and be done with it. JMO and tryin to help. Best of luck either way you go for sure.

Nate

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

ok well that puts a damper on things is the company doing anything about it??

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
ARP
Black Onyx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode