sct ecu unsupported - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

sct ecu unsupported

had my sf3 tuner for 2 months now. first problem ecu unsupported vxbc9q2 and sct said they were workin on it and just to update every so often. firmware is up to date but tune revision stops updating after about 5 mins any help appreciated as i am feeling a bit ripped off for buying this plastic paperweight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: sct ecu unsupported

will custom tunes fix this? I'd hate to sink more money w/ no results
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
PSN Newb

made an account just to reply to this. I had the same issue. I hadnt updated the sct in months because i had been running matt's srl. An AWESOME tune btw... but when i went to put a canned tune on it it would read ecu unsupported. After updating it (painfully because i drive an 03 and it took me down to my last unlock to return it back to stock) i finally got it updated and now the tunes will load but my TRUCK WONT START with them... its seriously ridiculous and ive contacted sct about issues.. sent them the info that they asked for and never heard anything back from them. I am however able to load the custom tunes on it and it runs just as good as normal. I would suggest biting the bullet and getting some good custom tunes. They are worth it anyhow....hope that can help somewhat, just wanted you to know you werent the only one in that boat.

-matt

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 12:54 AM
PSN Local

Scts customer service sucks. Had to have my livewire unlocked and was quoted 5-7 Buisness days. It took 20!!! Everytime i called and waited on hold for 15 mins and they would tell me it was going out the next day. I called 4 times and was told that. F*** scts customer service.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 04:53 AM
PSN Newb

its pretty ridiculous.. my egr valve will cause me to lose boost pressure unless its turned off. I drive my truck everyday for work and most of the time its 600+ miles for a work trip. I cannot afford that kind of turn around time nor feel i should HAVE to pay whatever the fee is to have it unlocked when ive been using it on the same truck and will continue to only use it on the same truck.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 AM
PSN Local

If your using your SCT on the same truck, it shouldn't use u[ your unlocks. Only time it uses up an unlock is when you change vehicles. Ive programmed my truck more times that I can count over the years with mine.

Mike

2004 F-250 Lariat X-Cab LB
  • Arp Head Studs w/Black Onyx Gaskets
  • MBRP 4" Turbo Back
  • SCT with tunes from ID and Gearhead
  • Oil and Coolant Bypass Filters
  • Fuel Pressure, HPOP Pressure, Boost and EGT on the A-Pillar
  • Edge Insight Monitors EOT, ECT, Tranny Temp
  • Anti Hi-Jack Device by Glock 9mm!
  • And tons more modded
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

when u say matts srl are u talking about Matt at gearhead performance? and really not sure how to go about purchasing them. Sorry im a mechanic and not a computer whiz ; )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 04:50 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro350hydro View Post
If your using your SCT on the same truck, it shouldn't use u[ your unlocks. Only time it uses up an unlock is when you change vehicles. Ive programmed my truck more times that I can count over the years with mine.

Mike
This. Only burn an unlock when you use it on another vehicle. I swap tunes with my SCT all the time as I have 5 different tunes

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

finally bugged SCT enough i guess. they took the canned tunes and let me load them as custom tunes because they are still working on ECU unsupported problem. they said a new update should be out at the end of the month that should fix problem for numerous people. but didnt have to buy custom tunes. SCT's customer service might suck but their tunes are f***ing awesome.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchi View Post
This. Only burn an unlock when you use it on another vehicle. I swap tunes with my SCT all the time as I have 5 different tunes

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Unless you have i believe an 03-04 truck. The newer trucks have a vin designate in its programming which is how the programmer recognizes vehicles.
An older truck like mine doesnt have it, so the programmer assigns it one thus using an unlock every time i take my truck back to stock.. ID love to be able to get the canned tunes but not worth the money id have to put in it to get sct to reset my tuner when its their fault to begin with...that issue needs resolved or to be avertised.

Also if you think the canned tunes are awesome you seriously need to get a custom tune.. I loved the canned tunes and thought they were great but a custom tune is night/day compared. Plus not near the worry of head gasket failure as i told matt @ gearhead to make it head bolt friendly..
Also you will just pay on his site. shoot him an email and tell him about your truck mods, headstuds or bolts, tire revs per mile, axle ratio, and your strategy, and what type of tune you want. He will then email it to you. save it to desk top and then use the sct software.
I may see if sct will email me the tunes for my truck as well! let the pestering commence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode