Banks - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Banks

I'm just wondering, all the magazines praise Banks Performance, yet when you look on these forums no one seems to use their stuff. Is it not as good as they claim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 AM
The Gray Mule

Re: Banks

I have had Banks 6 gun on my 2004 Excurison Since it was new and she has 135000+ miles on her and had no problems with it, runs good but I use that as the family ride. I also have the SCT on my other two 6.0s ones for working the other is for playing and IMO they proform much better with the SCT then the Banks and I had Banks on my 96 7.3 then switched to the TS 6 postion and also runs better then the banks did, so I think its all in what your looking to do with the truck or what you want to get out of the truck!!!

Powermax turbo, BD Boost Fooler, MKM Customs Complete Solution EGR Delete Kit, ARP Head Studs, OEM Head Gaskets, Cold Air Intake, CFM Large Mouth, 6.4 Banjos, Gillette Fuel Spring, Oil Bypass Kit, Machine & MFG Coolant Filter Kit, Fass Fuel Kit, 4" Silverline Turbo back to Dual 7" Stacks, SCT w/ tunes by Eric, Autometer Gauges
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 AM
PSN Veteran

They are overpriced.

2002 CCLB 4X4 6" skyjacker lift * Ford AIC * 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust * 6637 mod w/ Donaldson filter * Gauges* No Foil * Edge Insight CTS
1988 Camaro Iroc Z
2000 Polaris Scrambler 4x2 400- Bored out and tuned by DAB Racing
~Andy~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 AM
PSN Veteran

Banks is really good when the entire system is installed, you don't get or see all the benefits when mixed with other stuff

99.5 F250/ VGT 5.9 CR Cummins4 link front and rear air ride
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Banks is nice for it's safty, put it on my friends dads 6.0, set egts at 1300, and he just drives it, in the 2 years it's been on he has never turned it up or down. I set it on 3. But the sct has more options, for pulling the sct keeps lower water, oil and trans temps. At least on my truck.

2006 CCLB 4x4 King Ranch 2"lift 35's, S&B, sct tunes by Innovative, Quick Tricks, Powermax, 6.4 Banjo bolts, coolant filter, edge insight, 4" turbo back.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
PSN Veteran

i had the whole banks set up on my truck, i liked it, it was a nice clean set up, but the power differences with the sct, and other brand names will leave banks stuff in the dust. It was good while the truck was under warranty...

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Faster Than You

There is nothing wrong with Banks products, in fact the banks hard parts are very well engineered. But on the tuning side of things Banks is well known for promoting clean power and clean usually means conservative power gains. So the reason you see so many people talk down about Banks or not very many people running Banks tuners is because most people want the most power they can get as cheap as possible. Take a Banks 6 gun and compare it to a SCT and the truck with the SCT will run circles around the Banks tuned truck all day long at the track. Not saying one is better than the other but there designed use was never for the same purpose. If you want something that will give you a moderate bump in HP and not smoke out every intersection when taking off or playing around then Banks would be better suited for you. If you just want a less expensive tuner that will give you the most power out of a stock truck got with SCT or even H&S on a 6.0 .

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
PSN Veteran

HUGE downside to Banks tuning products is nothing is addressed about the transmission tuning. I've heard of countless 6L owners who previously owned a Banks 6 gun and soo soo many of them have gone through transmissions with the Banks

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 05:35 PM
matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
HUGE downside to Banks tuning products is nothing is addressed about the transmission tuning. I've heard of countless 6L owners who previously owned a Banks 6 gun and soo soo many of them have gone through transmissions with the Banks
Yep, better just stick with a sct. It's Hands down the best there is for a 6.0.

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 AM
PSN Veteran

I think Banks makes a KILLER intercooler system. I don't know how it's cost comares to others,but I like mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode