cts insight - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

cts insight

jsut got my cts insight installled and im runnen engine oil temp and coolent temp and they are 16 apart is that bad? and what other things should i have on it im using analog set up sence i have my fuel prease and boost gauges still on and i have pyro on the cts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Jackleg Mechanic

Re: cts insight

What are the temps?

Jeff
06 F350 6.0L CCLB AMARILLO 4X4
- SCT Livewire, Quick Tricks Looney tune, XDP Coolant filter, Blue Spring Mod, High Flow Banjo bolts, Warren's 175/30 injectors with upgraded spools, ARP Studs, PowerMax Stag One Turbo, Bilstien 5100's. Banks 4in turbo back Monster exhaust. All necessary internal bulletproofing. High Idle mod
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

172 coolent and 186 oil

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:16 AM
matt

yes, install a coolant filter and flush the piss outta it the long drawn out, but correct way and maybe you can save it.

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

so flushing the coolant will help gey my oil temp down or bring my coolant temp up? the damn oil cooler cant have 5k miles on it heh i did it when i did studs and everything else
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 AM
matt

it will bring the oil temp down if its not completly fowled already. did you flush the system properly before you installed the new oil cooler, bc thats deffenitly what did it if you didnt!

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

um yea most def not heh we jsut took the cab off swaped alot of parts ad put her back on did it in a weekend what do i use to flush it cuase i really dont want to have to do that oil cooler again heh
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 03:56 AM
matt

i think restore makes a pretty good flushing kit. just make sure you pull the plugs on the bottom of the block, also back flushing is the best way.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 AM
matt

before you go to too much trouble make sure theres not any oil resdue in the degas bottle

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 04:44 AM
That Guy

are they you temps once youre up to operating temperature? what was the ambient temp? I may be wrong but the oil temp seems fine to me, you coolant seems low though...what ratio did you put in (water : coolant)?
Normal round town driving my temps are typically oil-185-190 coolant- 180-185 with ambient temp in the low-mid 80s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If You Aint Infantry You Aint Chit!
04 250 cc/sb - ARP, Toyo, Procomp, Sinister, Innovative, PHP, Edge, Isspro, etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode