FICM education - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

FICM education

ok so i have read through multiple threads, posted questions, and i am still a little mixed up about the FICM programming.....

Im starting this thread for the strict purpose of education- Some things that i hope to get cleared up in the thread-

Difference in 48v vs 58v volt FICM, i know what in suppose to run more performance than the other...but maybe the explanation of why can be sought out.

also some results and feed back from people using different vendors and tuners. This should not be a bashing, just some good information so someone like myself can have a better understanding of the Ficm, and options to add more performance with tuning.

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: FICM education

I was using the old PHP FICM tuning from years back. Definitely a great improvement over the OEM tuning. Recently I updated the FICM to PHP Atlas 40 for even better results.
For power increase I'm very happy with the low end response. The motor runs smooth, turbo spools effectively and the MPGs are looking decent.

I'm still trying to get good MPG results so I'll post up when I have had plenty of miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 PM
PSN Veteran

The higher voltage gets the injector to fire faster and from my understanding can help with mild cases of stiction.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
FNG

The only problem with the higher voltage mods to stock FICMs are the rest of the components and the boards dont like the extra heat.

with tuning you wont see any advantage in having a 58v FICM

Without tuning it opens the injectors up a tad quicker.

I also had PHP's old tune and switched to Atlas 40 about a month ago now.

Between the tune and the Bulletproof diesel power supply Id say its one of the best moves I ever made with my truck

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I beleive i am going to go with the PHP hand help which will give me the option to change the programming as i wish. I am going to try and call them today and see what the details are. I beleive my FICM is in good workign order, so i think keeping it 48v and the programs should give me the smooth operation of the fuel injection, as well as a little extra power to push me over the brink of my goal.

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
FNG

Nows a good time to buy. They're on sale

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

thats what i see, just want to make sure im getting the right things...im sure i will be calling them this week.

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Has anyone been able to get intouch with PHP, i have been calling them all week and emails, can not seem to get any response.....

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The only problem with the higher voltage mods to stock FICMs are the rest of the components and the boards don't like the extra heat.
I was just looking at the swamps 58 they flat out state that more than 50% of the Ficm's they sell are 58V and that there is now downside to this Mod and no indication historically that the 58 vs stock have had a higher warranty return ?

So IDK I was leaning towards the 58 because I think Mine is having an issue

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Oh Good they are a sponsor so I can post their PDF for Ficm FAQ'S

http://swampsdiesel.com/files/FICM_FAQs.pdf

now this is their Data so other builders may have had issues with their style of increasing voltage??

or maybe the "Heat" issue will effect the overall longevity past the 1 year warranty ? IDK

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode