Ideas on engine setup please help? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ideas on engine setup please help?

OK this is what I have a 2003 6.0 with a cracked block that will crank and run in the donor ride a E250 that is where the transmission and engine controls will come from. I all so have a 2005 engine complete that runs so the question I have for all you is what parts would you use to build the motor. I will install new ford head gaskets and studs I was thinking about twin stock 2005 turbos splitting the intake and running water to air coolers. The questions I have are will the 2003 oil pump be better, are the round oil rails better then wavy rails which one would you run if you where doing this build. I know I will be doing injectors not sure what size. I can take apart and fix almost ever part and can fab almost anything short of milling and bridge port work keep that in mind when you think this out. I will be building the headers down pipes and intake. Please feel free to let the ideas roll all I want is a good reliable 550/600 HP it will be my daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Ideas on engine setup please help?

I will be running a return fuel system and a airdog pump and large fuel cell.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Well if you are only looking for 550-600hp, I would look at some 190/100 fuel injectors and a 68mm Pmax from RCD with some custom tuning. Would make a fun setup for sure but you will probably need a built tranny for daily use at these power levels. I wouldn't even think about trying to do dual stock turbos especially for all the headache, fabrication, time, and extra money to get it all right when a single VGT turbo is fully capable of handling this level of power. Also, at this level there isnt any need for custom headers, up-pipes or anything IMO. It should be a pretty straight forward engine swap. The stock bottom end is good for some serious power. As far as which pump is better, some seem to think that the older pumps are better but in all honesty again for the level of power you seek, you dont require an injector greater than 205cc and in all honesty should be good with 190s so holding HPO pressure shouldn't be an issue. Also not sure why you want to run a large fuel cell, you should just keep the stock fuel tank and run a sump to the airdog. Lastly, you should do an EGR delete and new oil cooler to be safe. Hope this helps and best of luck man.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills502 View Post
OK this is what I have a 2003 6.0 with a cracked block that will crank and run in the donor ride a E250 that is where the transmission and engine controls will come from. I all so have a 2005 engine complete that runs so the question I have for all you is what parts would you use to build the motor. I will install new ford head gaskets and studs I was thinking about twin stock 2005 turbos splitting the intake and running water to air coolers. The questions I have are will the 2003 oil pump be better, are the round oil rails better then wavy rails which one would you run if you where doing this build. I know I will be doing injectors not sure what size. I can take apart and fix almost ever part and can fab almost anything short of milling and bridge port work keep that in mind when you think this out. I will be building the headers down pipes and intake. Please feel free to let the ideas roll all I want is a good reliable 550/600 HP it will be my daily driver
if you like all the fab work your talking about, i would compound s366/s475 and a set of 350 hybrids and throw all the custom mill work your talking about, headers, ect....ect..... then it will be worth it!

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 PM
matt

gotta raise the hp goal a little though

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeistman View Post
if you like all the fab work your talking about, i would compound s366/s475 and a set of 350 hybrids and throw all the custom mill work your talking about, headers, ect....ect..... then it will be worth it!
This is what I'm talking about but would probably do a s366 with a s480. I would also throw in port and polished heads, mild cam, upgraded valve springs, larger push rods, and some h-beam connecting rods. Should put you above the 700hp mark pretty easily I would think. JMO.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I can not do any mill work don't have the equipment but I can build headers and do all the welding and most of the intake work. I know I could build it with a single but I have the 2 vgts and one 2003 turbo. The real estate at the firewall is tight but I have room out front so the turbos would ride at the front outside edge of the heads. I thought the vgts would make the power level easy and cut back on the the lag. I have most of the parts so the cost will be lower then buying all the stuff to do it with a single, it will just take a little time plus it keeps me out of trouble. I was planing on going in the transmission before I put it in. Any ideas on the high pressure oil system?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

The twins would be set up like to separate systems with the split intake not a compound system.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 AM
PSN Veteran

550-600hp requires only 190/150's - 225/150% injectors which can be cleaned up by a larger single vgt turbo. (66-68) I'm not sure if you have ever driven a 7400lb truck that can run 12.8's in the 1/4 but if you have not then you will be very, very pleased. For the amount of work you will put into that turbo setup you will be very disappointed at the outcome. There are reasons we build compounds over parallel's in DD trucks and dont use stock turbo's..

Renegade Diesel
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Do you think it will work and make the power level I want with a parallel system. I understand that a compound system would be more efficient I just want to build what I have. Any one have a preference on the oil system setup 2003/2005.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode