AirDog 2 Issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

AirDog 2 Issues

Okay, so first I had issues with fluctuating fuel pressure

Well today, I'm cruising on the way home from the beach, and I noticed the pump change noises, and I looked at my pressure gauge and it dropped to 45 PSI. Pulled over, tried to adjust the regulator, pressure didn't move. Drove off, PSI was easily dropped with light throttle, so pulled over again, and as I pulled off, the pressure dropped to zero and the pump cut off. So I called AirDog, they told me to check the fuse. Replaced 20 amp fuse, blew instantly. Replaced with a 30 amp fuse and I was able to limp home. Pressure sits at 50 PSI with the regulator turned all the way up, and with anything over 25% throttle it'll drop below 45 PSI.

So anyways I'm driving like a grandma on Benadryl right now. What's my issue? Pump/motor? Filter clogged? I'm lost... And frustrated. I bought this thing brand new, and I dont want it ruining these pricey Casserly injectors...

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 AM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: AirDog 2 Issues

I would think that since you replaced the factory recommended fuse and it blew instantly, that the pump is probably burned up because it is pulling too much amperage. You could try replacing your filters but I doubt that is the problem as you probably dont have anywhere near the factory recommended filter change interval of miles acrued yet. I would call AirDog back and tell them what you have and they will probably replace the pump. If you dont have a sump, I recommend you get one. JMO and hope it helps man. Best of luck.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 AM
PSN Local

yea nate i was talkn to alligator performance today and i told them i wanted an air dog and i was looking for prices and the tec told me air dogs customer service has went way down hill and they are getting alot of angry people so he told me i should go with a fass system so i guess if he gets it figured out he can let us know how air dog treated him to see it they where giving me a line or it was true imteresting to know either way sence alligator has always been good with me we shall see if they wher correct i hope not tho i order my cts isngith today btw! heh

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 01:27 AM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Dude don't let a salesmen sell you on something that has just as bad of a track record and costs more money. I am glad Alligator has been good so far for you but IMO FASS has had just as bad if not worse customer service as AirDog. I don't want to in any way bash either company I just want to make sure you know exactly how both companies are.

I am sure if the OP has filled out and sent in the warranty card, he'll be fine.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 04:07 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
So anyways I'm driving like a grandma on Benadryl right now. What's my issue? Pump/motor? Filter clogged? I'm lost... And frustrated. I bought this thing brand new, and I dont want it ruining these pricey Casserly injectors...
i have been shopping for one of these, and it seems there is a lot
of unhappy people with the airdog II... the airdog 100 seems to be
bulletproof, but the newer, and better one, seems it isn't.

just based on what i'm reading, it seems the motors are going away.

let us know how airdog handles this with you..... before i drop $$
on one of their products, it'd be nice to know if they stand behind it.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 AM
'05 Excursion

The earlier AD2's had reliability issues but I've been running an AD2 for several years now and also know a number of guys that also run one, all without a single issue. IMO any lift pump such as AD, FASS, etc must be pulling from a fuel sump and have upgraded fuel lines (bigger). As far as AD (Pure Flow) customer service, I'd give them very high marks.

Check these threads out.

AD2

And

More AD2

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

Well it left me stranded again with a blown fuse. Popped another fuse in it, wouldn't even put out 20 PSI. So now I'm waiting for a wrecker at 2 AM in the morning. I'm less than pleased with my purchase.

Blake

4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

3 AM this morning. Thank goodness for AAA.

Oh well, AirDog is taking care of me. Called them today, they're sending me a new motor, no questions asked. Most companies try to weasel their way out of warranty claims, so props to AirDog. Kyle got me taken care of.

Blake

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:38 AM
PSN Local

most agreed nate thats why i was kind of wondering to see if he was feeding me a line or not bam!
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

Customer service was excellent. Just be sure to turn in the green warranty card, it makes the claims process a breeze.

Blake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode