post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

batmo wheel for a powermax?

anyone have one on ther powermax or thoughts on it pls thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 AM
PSN Local

I do. Put it when I got the turbo so I can't really say what kind of difference it made...

2006 F-350 CCSB Lariat
MBRP 4" exhaust, Powermax, Gearhead SRL, Edge CTS w/ Egt probe and Fuel Pressure, Blue Fuel Pressure Spring, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, High Idle Mod, CCV Mod, Zerex ELC, JVC DVD head-unit, JL Stealthbox and JL Slash 500/1v2 amp
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: batmo wheel for a powermax?

man not getting much input on this one heh

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 AM
PSN Newb

I was thinking about getting 190/100's and running a powermax, and i heard it doesnt quite clear up the 190's, so im also curious of what a difference the batmowheel would make
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 AM
PSN Newb

I have one on my powermax with 190/75 injectors. It spools good and my egts dropped from around 1850 to 1650 at wot from 0 past 100. I have an exhaust leak between the exhaust manifold and the turbo now so spooling is horrible. I am going to pull the turbo and fix the leak then let you know if it clears the smoke better.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

waht kind of track times are you getting with 190s powermax and batmo??
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

For the money you would spend on a powermax and a batmowheel, I would seriously consider a MTW Stage 2 turbo. From what I have been hearing, it will support 175s with out an issue and it is looking like it will do pretty decent with 190s. Everything I have heard about 190s + Powermax = Smokey + HOT. The only thing right now is the Stage 2 hasn't had a lot of time yet to prove itself but so far in the short amount of time it has been out, it most definitely seems to not be plagued with the things that plague the powermax. JMO and take it for what it is worth.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

yea im tryn to get some info on the combo seeing as i alrdy have a powermax sence when i was looking before everyone was saying that it was a good combo with 190s and could make 600 horse with it but anymroe it seems like alot of people disagree with that =( also any ideas if it will do alright with truck pulls??? ima hillbilly before a racecar driver! bam
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 05:10 PM
matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by what a mess View Post
yea im tryn to get some info on the combo seeing as i alrdy have a powermax sence when i was looking before everyone was saying that it was a good combo with 190s and could make 600 horse with it but anymroe it seems like alot of people disagree with that =( also any ideas if it will do alright with truck pulls??? ima hillbilly before a racecar driver! bam
BAM . na you can run 190,s with almost any turbo. its all in the tuning. dont expect no 500 hp though, or it will be hot and smokey

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system

Last edited by mgeistman; 06-02-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: typo: 600 hp sorry
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Well if you cant return the powermax, which is what I would try to do if you haven't already installed it, then just keep it and put a batmowheel in. You'll easily be at 530hp with some 190/100s, which is what I would get if you are getting 190s, and FICM tuning. Your EGTs should be just fine for normal cruising (i.e. ~800F), I just dont know about towing anything is all. I dont want to give this image that the PM is a terrible turbo because it is just fine and will probably be ok for you. Just keep your expectations realistic and don't be disappointed if you dont hit over 550hp. Eitherway, I think you will have a FAST and fun street combo. Best of luck with everything for sure.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode