Ficm Tuning - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ficm Tuning

hi im new on here, come to the site all the time, but just made my own account. keep in mind im only 16. Ive been reading up on ficm tuning, and was wondering what kind of differences if at all it would make on a truck with regular tuning already done to it? Im about to head over to TSD and get an sct, and was also considering sending my ficm off to get tuned, but ive heard mixed thoughts on whether or not ficm tuning makes any difference on an already tuned truck. any input would be great, thanks!

Arp Head Studs, Sinister Egr Delete, Sinister Coolant filtration system, 6.4 banjo bolts, Blue spring upgrade, alliant water pump OEM head gaskets, 4in mbrp exhaust, Harley davidson front end, Nitto 420s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Ficm Tuning

eric at innovative did the mild flash on mine and already had a superchips. i felt a difference and i liked the way the power comes in now, and the mpg went up slightly. Now i'm a master tech so i'm pretty sensitive to how a vehicle feels so not everyone may notice it, but for 200 it was worth it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Firefighter/EMT

Have you read the PHP thread already going? Theres about 36 pages of feedback which helped me make my decision!

I have innovatives xtreme race and vivians looney, and looney track files and I notice all around gains in all of them with the hurcules FICM tune from PHP. Its not a huge increase like the SCT tunes but it was something! The biggest difference I noticed is smoother shifting and more low end, also much better cold starts!

02 F250 6 speed with 270k- SOLD
05 F350 auto with 94k, 4in MBRP with 6in tip, updated fuel pressure spring, and auto meter fuel press, boost, trans, and pyro guages, and tuning by vivian and PHP's FICM tuner currently running hercules! NO STUDS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

14.1 @ 95 is the best so far!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks! Im gonna go check out the PHP thread and do a little more homework on it. Any extra power is great, and especially smoother cold starts, every 6.0 we've had is a dinosaur to start on a cold morning. Especially with a weak injector or two.

Arp Head Studs, Sinister Egr Delete, Sinister Coolant filtration system, 6.4 banjo bolts, Blue spring upgrade, alliant water pump OEM head gaskets, 4in mbrp exhaust, Harley davidson front end, Nitto 420s.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 AM
siksix0

i have sct with the php gryphon for guages in my 05 go with the php ficm tunes u want regret it...

05 six0 cc shortbed lariat FX4, harley headlights,recon cab lights, egr/oil cooler delete, sct x3(gear head custom tunes), 03 turbo with batmowheel, arp studs, airaid intake, zoodad mod, straight duals w/ 6" tips, php tuned ficm, six4 banjos and blue spring fpr kit

415rwhp/750 ft lbs trq (loaded mustang dyno)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Running TSD SPD with PHP Atlas 40.....Mileage is looking pretty damn good. OH yea....the power is fabulous!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

TSD's SPT is what im gonna be running also! Me and my bro just finished putting in the studs and the truck is ready for a hot tune. And i will most definatly go with the PHP ficm tunes, thanks!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 04:30 AM
PSN Veteran

If you need any info about our ficm tunes too let me know... Also I would look into getting your injectors freshened up, Let me know if you need any info on that as well
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 07:34 PM
siksix0

anybody know where i can get the hook up on injectors?? i dont have deep pockets but would like to do a lil something i got pretty much everything else

05 six0 cc shortbed lariat FX4, harley headlights,recon cab lights, egr/oil cooler delete, sct x3(gear head custom tunes), 03 turbo with batmowheel, arp studs, airaid intake, zoodad mod, straight duals w/ 6" tips, php tuned ficm, six4 banjos and blue spring fpr kit

415rwhp/750 ft lbs trq (loaded mustang dyno)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 09:43 PM
PSN Local

Warren diesel injectors.

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
Studs,egr delete, regulated return,RCD 68powermax, banks CAI,FICM tunes from PHP, Tuned by Eric

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode