rev-x? and best out to use in next oil change? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

rev-x? and best out to use in next oil change?

hello all ive been useing motor craft 15-40 oil and filter sence i got the truck but is there a better oil to use and is it worth useing rev-x? and does anyone know if it increases gas milage? thank you all for your input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: rev-x? and best out to use in next oil change?

i ment to say best OIL to use
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 11:21 PM
matt

rev-x is good stuff. imo no its not worth it. any good 5w-40 oil will work great for stiction. keep using the same filter though! theres a sticky posted at the top of the form about ''PHP's rev-x findings'' in a 6.0 powerstroke. hope this helps

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

To give a little perspective on what I have noticed, I have used Amsoil 15w-40 up until a year ago and I have used it since my first oil change on the truck and I have had the truck since it had 4 miles on it. Well I switched to 5w-40 Amsoil and noticed that the truck ran a little quieter and didnt lope as bad when it was cold out. Then I added in some rev-x and the truck would start and run great at temps as low as 18F (I havent been able to test below that). Rev-X is definitely some snake oil that has actually done what it claimed to be able to do but it IS expensive. I also have not been able to see any real gains in MPG. For the money I would only run it in the winter if you decide to run it at all and right now I am trying this stuff called Archoil AR9100. It is much cheaper than Rev-X and so far seems to be doing just as good of a job. I am going to keep running it because it is about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Rev-X. It can be found at Archoil brings advanced solutions to lubrication, fuel and corrosion. Nanoborate grease, Nano Borate Oil, Nano Particles, Corrosion, Rust, MotorSilk, LubriSilk,Turkey, Biodegradable Engine, Motor Treatment Lubricants, Motor Silk, Boron CLS Bond Lubricants - Evergreen America Corporation

I should note that I recommend switching to a high quality synthetic 5w-40 oil and keep using the motorcraft filters. Hope this helps.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 12:14 AM
PSN Veteran

I have used Amsoil Series 3000 5W/30 for only gawd knows how long.

Even as a preferred customer, it's still too expensive.

I just pulled my injectors out, had them rebuilt into bigger units, and also pulled out my oil cooler for some modifications for a second hpop...

Drained and sucked out all the Amsoil Series 3000, and replaced with Shell Rotella T6 synthetic.

Half the price of Amsoil...I hope the T6 stuff is good enough...

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 12:38 AM
PSN Local

What about the Mobil 1 5w40 Full Synthetic? I have been using Mobil 1 Filter. THanks
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 AM

I think Mobil 1 would be fine to use.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 12:59 AM
PSN Veteran

mobil 1, and Valvoline premium blue extreme is good stuff. I'm like Ivan, i've been using Amsoil for a very long time...series 3000 5w-30 and the 5w-40. I have no complaints with the amsoil and i'm also a preferred customer and get it at a lower price, but like Ivan said...it's still pricey. I think with tax and shipping for 4 gallons of 5w-40 and a Eabp100 by-pass filter came to around $175. I also use Archoil's AR9100 friction modifier in the oil. I use to run the rev-x, but this stuff is half the price and does the same thing.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 AM
siksix0

Where can u get it?"

05 six0 cc shortbed lariat FX4, harley headlights,recon cab lights, egr/oil cooler delete, sct x3(gear head custom tunes), 03 turbo with batmowheel, arp studs, airaid intake, zoodad mod, straight duals w/ 6" tips, php tuned ficm, six4 banjos and blue spring fpr kit

415rwhp/750 ft lbs trq (loaded mustang dyno)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 AM

Ever Green America

Nate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode