GOGO direct clutch solenoid - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

GOGO direct clutch solenoid

Which solenoid do I take out and replace?
Because I know there are 6.

Thanks

2006 F-250 XLT 6.0L 4x4 CC Auto, 8X,XXX miles: 6.4 banjos, RR blue spring, ARP's, EGR delete, STC update, digital FP gauge, SCT Livewire TS, coolant filter, S&B CAI, CFM Smallmouth, 5" straight pipe with 8" tip. Updated turbo feed/drain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:18 AM
matt

Re: GOGO direct clutch solenoid

there are 7 solenoids total.theres a row of three and a row of four. its the middle one in the row of three. the row of three will be closet to the T/C.

4'' exhaust, egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, arp studs,50mm BOV, volant CAI, 66/73/.91 turbo, 205/100 injectors, crossover fuel line, airdog II, sct by TSD & ID, high idle mod, nitrous express with .092 jet, 26 GPH water/meth, ats stage 3 tranny, king Ranch front and rear captins chairs, and of course kicker sound system
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok. I see there are 7.. I pulled the middle of the front 3 out.. The solenoid they sent me will not fit..
I don't know how to add a pic from my phone. But on the stem side of the solenoid against the base where it seats, there is a raised line, looks like to keep it from spinning.. The line on the one that came out of my truck and the modified one i received don't line up...

2006 F-250 XLT 6.0L 4x4 CC Auto, 8X,XXX miles: 6.4 banjos, RR blue spring, ARP's, EGR delete, STC update, digital FP gauge, SCT Livewire TS, coolant filter, S&B CAI, CFM Smallmouth, 5" straight pipe with 8" tip. Updated turbo feed/drain.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Sponsor

Spin the solenoid. The modified one fits at a different angle.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:05 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Well I know the factory solenoid goes in with the electrical connector pointing straight down but these solenoids have to go in with that connector moved to one side or the other in order to get it to fit in. Not sure if that is your problem or not but hope it helps. Take care.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:06 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stroker View Post
Spin the solenoid. The modified one fits at a different angle.
Wow beat me to it. Yes this is what I am referring to.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well my issue is those two grooves. My solenoid that came out are off centered. The modified one is in the center. Looking in to where it seats in the trans there are only those two grooves and spinning The new one still won't let it seat in position to get the clip back on..

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Sponsor

It will I think you rotate the connected towards the passenger side not sure on that. But when installed it will be at a different angle than all the others.

holdersdiesel.com
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok Ill give her a whirl. Gotta drain and pull the pan again it got late last night and just assumed it was the wrong one..

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Sponsor

Yea you would not believe the amount of people that call the shop thinking its the wrong one.

holdersdiesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode