$2K TO SPEND - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

$2K TO SPEND

Alright, got rid of the 7.3 and picked up a 06 6.0 KR. I know the basics with the 6.0 but Im needing to know what brands to use for studs, EGR delete, tuner, ect. Maybe some of the venders can tune in and give me some insight. Might be looking for some kind of bundle to get started 'fixin' the new pickup.

Sinister EGR delete, ARP Headstuds, replaced oem headgaskets, HD Bellowed up-pipes, 03 Turbo, SCT x3 with tunes from Gearhead...waiting impatiently for a bigger turbo and injectors...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 AM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Re: $2K TO SPEND

$2k?? I say hookers and blow

In all seriousness, ARP studs, SCT SF3 or X3 with custom tunes, just about any EGR delete. Exhaust also but most importantly, get an Edge CTS for monitoring stuff with EGT probe. Hope this helps.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 02:45 AM
PSN Local

River city diesel has a 6.0 solution package on their site arp studs gaskets egr delete and SCT tuner. I think it's around $1600. Check out the site. They are good to deal with

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
Studs,egr delete, regulated return,RCD 68powermax, banks CAI,FICM tunes from PHP, Tuned by Eric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 02:48 AM
PSN Local

It's $1550 and also includes an oil cooler

[B]2005 F250 King Ranch
Studs,egr delete, regulated return,RCD 68powermax, banks CAI,FICM tunes from PHP, Tuned by Eric
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Cool, Ill have to look them up..I know 2K isnt a whole lot but I just need to get started...

Sinister EGR delete, ARP Headstuds, replaced oem headgaskets, HD Bellowed up-pipes, 03 Turbo, SCT x3 with tunes from Gearhead...waiting impatiently for a bigger turbo and injectors...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 06:18 AM
PSN Local

is it currently puking?
is your EGR blown?
what is your ECT vs. EOT spread?

go buy a $150 scanguage II and start monitoring your coolant vs. oil temps. Anything under 15F when driving ~10 minutes at 60 mph is "okay"

why do you want to throw parts/money at the truck when it probably isn't needed? People always talk about bulletproofing the 6.0 and how the EGR needs to be deleted. Fact of the matter is, the EGR is just a messenger of the oil cooler demise. No point killing the EGR. Just turn it off with a tuner. Deleting the EGR causes problems in late 06-07 trucks. Without the valve, the fan clutch doesn't work and leads to overheating issues. Only way around that is to leave the EGR valve laying ontop of the motor and tune the EGR out.

as far as studs...that's a personal choice. I know they're in my future, but that's because I can't help myself and want to up the boost...I mean fun

2000 Excursion
2012 Challenger R/T
2015 Tahoe
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

It's not so much fix it now because there aren't any known problems, more like get it ready for later..Some of the mods I'm considering doing up front are to get ready for bigger and better things later on.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 PM
PSN Newb

If you plan on sticking with the stock fuel system I would do the blue spring update in the fuel pressure regulator.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 12:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Bring it to me. For $2,500, we will install ARPs, add SCT, delete egr cooler, straight pipe exhaust and cut injectors to 190cc with stock nozzles.

Jeremy Johnson
Search "lubeowner" on youtube for many truck pulling videos.
dieseldr.net
We build Powerstroke pulling trucks.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

DAMN, that's a hell of a deal!! Wish you weren't so far away!! That's almost worth driving for lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode