Latest Performance FICM tune from PHP! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thumbs up Latest Performance FICM tune from PHP!

Yes folks, that's right. Those crazy guys at the PHP labs who brought you the very first FICM reflashes have been cooking up a whole new brand of insanity! We make "Crazy Eddie" look like he's been given a dose of Thorazine. You wanted the biggest and baddest FICM tune? Here it is!

The new "Hercules" performance FICM strategy.
Stock: 329 HP @ 3050 RPM & 598 Ft./Lbs. @ 2150 RPM
Mod: 440 HP @ 3050 RPM & 899 Ft./Lbs. @ 2250 RPM

Test Vehicle Parameters:
2004 F-250 Single Cab 2WD
Stock Exhaust (including Cat), Stock Airbox, Head Studs, EGR Cooler Delete
ECM strategy VXBC6N4
FICM strategy ARZ2AL10 (which includes mild Inductive Heating.)

(This example is with a stock ECM strategy.)

(click on image to enlarge)

We're talking about 111 HP and 301 Ft./Lbs. (peak to peak, with 135 HP and 307 Ft./Lbs. max gain) of certifiable crazy! The only thing crazier than this tune is the price. It's the same as as our standard FICM tunes! Plus, this tune still runs the "mild" Inductive Heating Strategy so you won't have any cold start issues. Keep in mind that this is on a BONE STOCK ECM strategy. For improved high RPM performance, you can also include our modified ECM/TCM strategies. Take a look at this plot:

(This example is with a modified ECM strategy.)

As you can see, we've pretty much maxed out the capabilities of the injectors, so we needed a little extra "juice". Since we're already crazy (and we just happened to have it), we also ran a few runs with our Snow Performance Water Meth kit. We used their 49% methanol "Boost Juice" and are running the 175ml economy and 625ml power nozzles. Here's how it sized up:

(This example is with a modified ECM strategy and Water/Meth.)

Yes folks, that's 482 HP @ 3075 RPM and a whopping 1035 Ft./Lbs. @ 2250 RPM. On a 280,000 mile engine!!! Have we got chrome-moly cajones, or what?

Up next: Dieselsite 6.0L Adrenaline HPOP, 190cc Full Force Injectors, Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust (with single center stack), and modified airbox (as yet to be determined). Time to go break some sh....tuffff!

Note: All our test runs are made on our Mustang Dyno with Eddy Current Load Cell. Loaded dynos provide the most accurate RWHP numbers for both stock and modified power runs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:44 AM
i like to party

Re: Latest Performance FICM tune from PHP!

Awesome

PM sent Bill, look forward to hearing from you
post #3 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 AM
PSN Veteran

That is awesome!

Good thing you invested in some traction last year!

Cody

post #4 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 AM
PSN Local

So what kind of results could we expect running this with a tune?

2006 F-350 CCSB Lariat
MBRP 4" exhaust, Powermax, Gearhead SRL, Edge CTS w/ Egt probe and Fuel Pressure, Blue Fuel Pressure Spring, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, High Idle Mod, CCV Mod, Zerex ELC, JVC DVD head-unit, JL Stealthbox and JL Slash 500/1v2 amp
post #5 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 AM
Reppin' the 6.4L

I just got mine tuned by you guys less than a month ago... is there anyway I can get a rain check?

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #6 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 AM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Hold on a minute. So are you claiming a gain of over 100hp with a FICM tune alone?

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #7 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
PSN Veteran

ooooo my!!!!! thats right where im heading now. thats a crazy improvement with ficm tuning!

2006 f250 4x4 6in lift 37x13.5 tires
A few engine parts here and there

Back Road Performance tuned
post #8 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
So what kind of results could we expect running this with a tune?
That's a really good question. Frankly, the biggest limiting factor to HP on the 6.0L is the injectors. On the average 6.0L, this is usually around 420-440 HP. When running a modified ECM, the gains achieved by running an aggressive FICM tune are going to be dramatically reduced. Where we saw gains with a modified ECM/FICM combination was in the higher RPM ranges, but these gains were admittedly small due to limitations in the injectors. However, we did notice a tremendous improvement in throttle response running the modified FICM. Where modified FICM strategies are going to be significantly advantageous is when used in conjunction with modified injectors. This will allow much more fine-tunability to help improve drivability and performance in those applications.

With all that said, modified FICM tuning allows another option in the question for improved performance. Just one more tool in the toolbox, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
I just got mine tuned by you guys less than a month ago... is there anyway I can get a rain check?
Give me a shout. We'll put something together for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Hold on a minute. So are you claiming a gain of over 100hp with a FICM tune alone?
Yes, that's what were saying.
post #9 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 AM
i like to party

Bill, ive got a truck with 190's to be an ecm tune guinea pig in conjunction with this new ficm program
post #10 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 AM
PSN Veteran

what kind of numbers will this be putting out with your highest custom tune? the 140hp tune i believe is what it was...?

or your thinking the gains with this setup will be better?

2006 f250 4x4 6in lift 37x13.5 tires
A few engine parts here and there

Back Road Performance tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in