Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How much fuel dilution with hybrids?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Brentos 
#1 ·
For those of you with hybrid injectors. What are they like on fuel dilution? Any out there have no fuel dilution?

#3 ·
I've tried a few sets of hybrids and all have had bad fuel dilution but for a track truck its not really that big of a deal.

#4 ·
We have hybrids coming out. Will know soon but with what i see on our 1st test injector i don't think there will be any fuel dilution Barrel and plunger fit is fit to match specs on a oem injector. Plungers are hardened and coated.

Time will tell but our goal is no dilution on all hybrids.

#6 ·
Pardon me for being retarded. But what is fuel dilution?

#9 ·
modified injector is just stroked to hold more capacity. A hybrid injector, if like a 7.3 hybrid, utilizes a larger plunger/barrel on the fuel side as to displace more fuel with the same amount of oil. Mathematically the oil has less leverage on the fuel, potentially lowering injection pressure. However on the 7.3 injectors due to other restrictions in the injector this is not always the case.

I could explain it, but Chris B explains it above much better than I can

#12 ·
Another newb question. Why does a higher flowing (or higher volume) injector cause dilution whereas a stock one wouldn't? At what point is the fuel mixing with the oil? At the rings in the cylinder or in the injector itself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.