TSD Tunes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

TSD Tunes

Man does this tune from Truck Source Diesel run hard. Shifts are perfect and aggressive. Nice and firm. Torque converter lockup is perfect and he has it locking up in in 3rd. It locks in third at a certain throttle position and other than that it drives like stock in normal driving conditions. Power is another story. By far the most powerful tune I have ran. It is more powerful than my SRL and my RCD race tune. I also have a aggressive street tune from Innovative. I know that it is not a race tune but my TSD tune has a lot more power. Tune runs pretty cool too. EGT's only get to about 1300 degrees which I think is pretty cool and then they drop off from there. 700 degrees with cruise on going 70. Boosts 30-31 on hard accel and boosts at 34-35 on a hard pull in OD to 90mph. Chris is an awesome fellow to deal with also.

03 6.0 Full EGR delete, S&B CAI, 4in turbo back, 70hp injectors, Moded Banjos, fuel spring mod, GearHeads, RCD, IDP and TSD tuned, trans temp, boost, egt, fuel press, MIA
08 6.4 4in dp. 5in TBE. S&B, Studs, EGR delete, No limit elbow/CAC pipe, Spartan, TSD, QTP and IDP LW tuned
07 5.9 5in TBE, Goerend, Fass, EFI Anarchy Diesel Tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: TSD Tunes

Forgot to say this was the Super Panty Dropper. I have seen this tune being compared to Matt at Gearheads SRL. Now since I have both, they both have there differences. If you want a more aggressive shifting, earlier aggressive TC lockup I would go with TSD. I like driving a more aggressive tune as a daily driver. Super panties has linear power on the easy pedal. As, does SRL. Every custom tune I have ran has there differences though.

03 6.0 Full EGR delete, S&B CAI, 4in turbo back, 70hp injectors, Moded Banjos, fuel spring mod, GearHeads, RCD, IDP and TSD tuned, trans temp, boost, egt, fuel press, MIA
08 6.4 4in dp. 5in TBE. S&B, Studs, EGR delete, No limit elbow/CAC pipe, Spartan, TSD, QTP and IDP LW tuned
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 PM
PSN Veteran

chris has done my tuning for awhile now. ive run that tune before and its the one i run now. every now and then he sends me a new one to try out and squeeze more power out of. this one by far has the most!

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

I am going to try a custom tune next week. I have been debating for a while now whether or not to try ID xstreet, SRL+, Looney, or someone elses. How much does TSD charge for their tunes??

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 09:32 PM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

I think xstreet is comparible to srl+ but I like the earlier shifting of the srl+. But of course you can have eric change the shifting to your liking since it is a custom tune. I'm gonna give tsd a try sometime for the hell of it just to see what it does.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Well, I would stick with one of the big three for my first custom tune but depending on how much TSD charges for their tune I might start with them.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 AM
PSN Veteran

tsd and matt actually based there tunes off of eachother. matt used tsd's trucks for tuning and they both developed there base tune off of eachother. from there matt and chris have both tweaked the tunes slightly to their liking but i have ran both and they both ran dang near the same. tsd charges the same as matt iirc. they might have a discount for members. i promise you wont be disappointed with their tunes at all!

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdunagan View Post
tsd and matt actually based there tunes off of eachother. matt used tsd's trucks for tuning and they both developed there base tune off of eachother. from there matt and chris have both tweaked the tunes slightly to their liking but i have ran both and they both ran dang near the same. tsd charges the same as matt iirc. they might have a discount for members. i promise you wont be disappointed with their tunes at all!
I would say the opposite that my two tunes from them are not dang near the same at all. The linear power throughout the pedal is the same yes but that is about all I think. It would not be a bad thing to compare them but I dont think they are THE SAME ay all really. My TSD tune is way more aggressive than my tune from Gearheads. Shifting is firmer. TC is earlier and more aggressive. Power is even harder and comes on faster than my SRL, Not bashing the SRL at all it is a great tune but I just dont think my tunes are that comparable. My truck seems to spool and boost faster too.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

You are going to find price to about the same no matter who you go with. Quick Tricks has a good price and if you are looking for best price Tony Wildmans 6.0 tunes. You should just email each of them or pm them to ask about each of their tunes,

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM
PSN Veteran

they might not be the same anymore but i was just sayin that from the start the shift points are prob about the same and what not. it might pull harder faster and longer and be better all around but i bet the shift points are pretty close to the same as well as the petal position. both are great tuners though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode