Who is running silverline exhaust? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Who is running silverline exhaust?

I remember watching youtube a couple of years ago and finding vids of silverline exhaust on the 6.0's, but I dont hear too much about them here. I think silverline makes a mean sounding exhaust for our trucks, and was wondering who here is actually running it. Is there an issue with them that I dont know about? Im running straight pipe exhaust right now, but Im going to be putting a muffler on sometime soon.

Thanks in advanced. Also, I didnt find hardly anything with the search either, so keep the search burn in the box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 11:53 PM
PSN Local

Re: Who is running silverline exhaust?

I ran a 4" dual from them and loved it. I sold it to try something different.

06 F250 4x4 ecsb, lowered 2", 6 Autometer Phantom 2's, Accufab Elbow, Zoodad, Airaid, Magnaflow 4"dp 5" pipe 7" short stack, Studs, Egr delete, sneaky pipe, regulated fuel return, 6.4 banjo bolts, Moderate FICM, High idle and foglight mods, Bilsteins, Sulastic shackles, DIY Harley headlights and traction bars. 8.76 1/8th
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Ballin' on a Budget

I love my Silverline. No problems with it.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
PSN Veteran

my little bro has a silverline on his truck. the exhaust sound at idle is just a bit louder than stock nothing like my MBRP. but when he gets on it, it sounds good with a nice rumble and its pretty loud. i think there muffler is an actual muffler vs the others who just kinda put something on the sidewall to make it seem like a muffler. i like the sound of his sometimes but i still like mine kinda loud

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I wouldnt mind a quiet idle. As long as it screams at WOT. Im sure my neighbors wouldnt mind at 5 in the morning when i flip the high idle on. Thanks fellas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Ballin' on a Budget

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
PSN Local

The only thing really different from the diesel brands of exhaust is fitment and quality of clamps and hangers. No matter how ya run it a 4" straight pipe is gonna sound the same as any other. 5" will give you a deeper tone. One thing that makes it sound different is the way it exits the vehicle. My diamond eye 4" kit exits more towards the side of the truck where mbrp angles it out towards the back which the diamond eye will sound louder because it is aimed closer to the side of the truck where my windows are. Just my opinion. I had dual silver line exhaust on my truck when I ordered it and got it put on before I picked up my truck. It held up great for 5 years snowplowing then I bought me 4" turbo back diamond eye with 6" tip
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM
PSN Veteran

I agree that the exit of the exhaust has a lot to do with how loud it seems inside the truck. When I first had my exhaust it exited right behind the right rear tire. Could hear it bounce off everything. Now I have it cut back and underneath the truck so it is a little hidden. It does not seem as loud just because it is angled toward the back of the truck and does not bounce off everything it hits.

03 6.0 Full EGR delete, S&B CAI, 4in turbo back, 70hp injectors, Moded Banjos, fuel spring mod, GearHeads, RCD, IDP and TSD tuned, trans temp, boost, egt, fuel press, MIA
08 6.4 4in dp. 5in TBE. S&B, Studs, EGR delete, No limit elbow/CAC pipe, Spartan, TSD, QTP and IDP LW tuned
07 5.9 5in TBE, Goerend, Fass, EFI Anarchy Diesel Tuning
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I understand what you guys are saying. But I have straight pipe right now, and want a muffler. I want to quiet the truck down a little bit. Its way too loud when hauling a load, especially a trailer and having the exhaust sound bounce back at you.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
PSN Veteran

yea the muffler will help

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode