Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Looking for 550 to 600rwhp

6K views 61 replies 14 participants last post by  strokin6L 
#1 ·
What kind of mods should I do to get my truck to 550-600 rwhp? Ive got 190cc rcd injectors. Full egr delete kit. Upgraded oil cooler. Updated blue fuel spring. Airdog II fuel system. 5" exhaust to a 6" tip straight piped. arp head studs and 18mm black onix gaskets. Sct tuner with custom xtreme street and xtreme race tunes. What else do I need and what turbo should I go with. I also have gauges to watch egt's trans and boost.

#31 ·
#33 ·
Im going with 64mm non vgt From rcd. I cant get it right now but I got it narrowed down to what I need.im gonna have to drive my truck with 190's and the stock turbo for about a month. How bad do you think it will be. Will it be driveable?

#35 ·
Yes you will be absolutly fine running them with the stock turbo. However, make sure you get the 64mm turbo spec'd out right for what you plan on doing with it. For example....turbine wheel and turbine housing.

#36 ·
Ill be driving it to work and ocationally racing it but mostly dd. Just want a bad ass dd to stomp them duramaxes and cummins on the street. what size would I need?

#37 ·
Yea **** duramax and cummins. You should probably go for something like 64/68/70. That is 64mm intake wheel, 68mm turbine wheel, and a .70 a/r ratio housing. Maybe even add a diverter valve in there.

#38 ·
Sorry for asking so many questions but thank you guys so much about helping me chose my setup. i appreciate your help. ill get back with you when my trucks out of the shop. tell ya what my numbers are on the dyno and 1/4 and 1/8 mile.

#39 ·
curious to know what kinda HP you'll have. I just dyno'd mine last week and made 501.1hp with 847.7tq with my 64mm turbo and 190/75% injectors. You should make a bit more HP than me with 190/100% injectors. Those 100% nozzles will flow more than my 75% nozzles. You'll be close to the 550hp mark i think.

#40 ·
QUOTE=strokin6L;1688269]curious to know what kinda HP you'll have. I just dyno'd mine last week and made 501.1hp with 847.7tq with my 64mm turbo and 190/75% injectors. You should make a bit more HP than me with 190/100% injectors. Those 100% nozzles will flow more than my 75% nozzles. You'll be close to the 550hp mark i think.[/QUOTE]

That seems low. What kind of dyno? I have 190/50% and a 65mm Vgt. According to track times I'm around 550hp.

#41 ·
it was a dynomite load dyno. Talked to Eric and he said that those where pretty good numbers considering i have 75% nozzles with my 190's. I was actually thinkin your numbers seem a bit high to me cause eric told me a 64mm non vgt with 190/100% injectors should be pushin 550hp.

#44 ·
yea those numbers seem low to me also!!! i would think that you would be closer to 550 or a bit over

#49 ·
All i know is eric told me that those are very nice numbers considering that i have 75% nozzles. I believe Eric...he's the tuner i use and has the dyno that has dyno'd alot of different setups and knows what kinda HP setups should be making. That is why i asked him and he seemed to think that that was pretty good.

#53 ·
i was making my assumption on trucks with a close set up to his. no not exact but pretty dang close. no mine doesnt make near that much and i wish it did but thats just what i think. if eric says its good then i guess its good all i was doing was saying what i thought and from what ive seen on dyno's down here. and yes they are for diesels they arent mustang dyno's. to me i think it has something to do with the tune but hey if you happy with those numbers and the tune then im happy for you as well!

#54 ·
but hey if you happy with those numbers and the tune then im happy for you as well!
Me too!! I know I would be happy with those numbers. Of course 550 would be nice if it happened. Dont want to rule that out.

#55 ·
my goal is 550 next. All i really need to do is have my injectors sent out and have them gone through and have bigger nozzles put in. The injectors are three years old and they've come along way since i've had them. I would also like to have Eric live tune it. Live tuning will also unleash some unfound HP. Heck, i remember Nate Berges going to Eric's and laying down 548hp with a 64/71/70 and 225's. Then after some time on the dyno with Eric live tuning it...it made 617hp. Very impressive to find nearly 70hp just through tuning without changing parts. I only have an 1/8th mile track in my area and it's closed till next year....so that's gonna hafta wait for a while. Unless i use my edge CS and go off that 1/4 time. I just need a good flat road to find that's long enough.

#60 ·
i have no reason to doubt that you made that much HP. The 100% nozzles are gonna put out more fuel than the 75% ones that i have. You hafta remember, my injectors are about 3 years old. And when i talked to Ryan a while back, he told me that my nozzles are "equivilent" to 75%nozzles...whatever that means. Back then they probably just honed out the nozzles. Nozzles have come a long way since. Watchin my truck being dyno'd....there was some smoke comin out of the stack, but it wasn't by any means a thick black cloud. The 64mm turbo i have cleans up those 190/75's pretty good and i just really need more fuel on the top end.

#57 ·
I would say that between a dyno and a track you should be able to figure your true horse power output to within 10Hp. Which in all reality who cares about 10 HP unless you are at a border number like 400, 500, 600, etc? And even then its only a pride thing because if two trucks were really within 10Hp of each other, it comes down to the driver IMO of who wins in a race.

#58 ·
kind of true but i know guys that are killing other trucks at the track with 100 or more hp less than the others. you can get big numbers from a setup all day long but if it's not paired (turbo, injectors, trans, etc) correctly, tuned right, and a good driver, you can have all the hp in the world and still have a ####ty race truck

#59 ·
Oh yea I am sure you are correct and have no trouble believing it. However, since I dont race, I was just being conservative with my 10Hp number.

#62 ·
Yeah, after having it dyno'd i felt like i really need to do that. I've talked to Eric already about it. So They'll either go to eric or back to Ryan to be gone through and have 100% nozzles installed. Not sure when i'm gonna decide to do it tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.