Batteries - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Batteries

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but cant really find anything for batteries on here. My batteries are about shot, wont start in the mornings most of the time. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on batteries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Batteries

I went to Ford and got the 850CCA the stock ones are 750CCA if they are low or bad need to get ASAP or you may kill the FICM at a cost of about $1100 from Ford or rebuild your from BPD or others around $300
2 stroker

06 F350 4x4 PSD Lariat FX4 CC LB
Edge Insight CTS-Expandable Pyro
AutoMeter Fuel Pressure Gauge
Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Delo ELC-coolant Filter
pulling 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp 4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
EGT,Boost,Trans
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Along for the ride

Everyone has their opinion on the best battery. Get ones that have a good warranty and fit your budget. I was looking at the Diehard Platinums, don't like the $220 each though.

06 F350 6.0 KR CCLB FX4...stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Pretty much what he said. For me I just went to Autozone and got their duralast batteries with the red top. They have a 3 year warranty and are under $100 a piece. I've had them in my truck for over a year and my FICM voltage stays strong at 48.0-49.0volts all the time and I have even pulled them out and reused them after a head gasket replacement. I've also had the optima yellow top batteries in my jeep and they are the biggest waste of money IMO unless you are running a lot of electrical equipment.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Power Junky

I have duralast 1000cca batteries and bought the same for my last truck. Autozone is everywhere and they have a warranty. I would have used walmart but they only had either 750 or 850cca batteries. There are not a lot of companies making the batteries so I would be most concerned with warranty and price. Advance autoparts has a lot on online promotions which could save you quite a bit by using coupon codes and buying online yet picking it up at the store. Be sure though and let me stress this that you keep a copy of the reciept of transaction as it will not be under your phone number. Had a altenator fail and the manager ended up being a stand up guy and making good on the part. I went home and found the print offs and now I keep them in the glove box.

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 PM
PSN Local

NHRDA has had a pretty sweet deal on Optima's if you become a member...like around 2bills for two batteries..

2006 CCSB 4x4 ARP studs, FCDP egr delete and coolant filter, SCT tuned by Innovative, 6.4 banjos, MBRP 4" Turbo back, Edge Insight CTS, Blue Spring Kit, 160amp alt with remote rectifier from Quick Start, Icon 2.5", toyo mt's

Made for work by Ford, Made for fun by FCDP

So how is that Hope and Change workin out for ya?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

What is NHRDA?? How much is it? Details man.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
PSN Local

NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - Join the NHRDA!

I can only make it to one event a year but membership is cheap you get a cool shirt and some good deals on gear. this is my second year being a member. I do not work or volunteer for this organization. Just a member.

2006 CCSB 4x4 ARP studs, FCDP egr delete and coolant filter, SCT tuned by Innovative, 6.4 banjos, MBRP 4" Turbo back, Edge Insight CTS, Blue Spring Kit, 160amp alt with remote rectifier from Quick Start, Icon 2.5", toyo mt's

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 09:31 PM
PSN Local

the deals change year to year but they have had some pretty killer deals on optimas for the last two...

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"

I've had good luck with the duralastyellows from autozone for the last 8 years on various trucks. I've had horrible experiance with several walmart batterries so I would stay away from them. My buddy sells Mighty brand batteries which are exide made and them seem to have a decent warrenty but not as good as duralasts.

2004 f250 egr delete,studded,fass 95,suncoast convertor,itp RR,Banks intercooler,58v tuned ficm,Powermax turbo,Matts tunes,6in Icon and 35 toyos 20x12 fuels
Early 99 exlb 4wd-SOLD All Shaeffer oil
Will Iott -8/24/84-7/4/10 "We miss you buddy"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode