egr delet kits... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

egr delet kits...

Egr Delete Kit Basic for the Ford Powerstroke 6.0
basic kit

EGR Delete Kit | Ford 6.0 EGR Delete Kit | Powerstroke EGR Delete kit | Ford EGR Delete Kit

OK i understand the basic kit remove the egr cooler and the economy kit there removes the egr valve cooler and replaces up pipe.

My question is... What do you achieve by removing the valve it self,if the valve has no exhaust gas going to it?

Is this only to remove the valve from fluttering. if it is still on the truck or to just not allow air to go into its passage way at all... this is what is holding me back from ordering one.

I know the up pipe will put a straight shot to the turbo to spool up fast and etc etc. but i am more curious about the difference as my trucks egr system has an exhaust leak and my cooler is warped so just going to remove it. In the mean time it makes the truck idle rough and shidder like there is no tomorrow. let me kno any input would be great thanks.

03 6.0 4inch straight pipe 8 inch lift 37 tire
22in wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: egr delet kits...

28 views and not one response sweet!

03 6.0 4inch straight pipe 8 inch lift 37 tire
22in wheels
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Fixing Broken Stuff

IDK if the EGR valve will fit with the "block off plate" from the kit installed?? (a couple of days ago I could have figured it out but the trucks back together now) If the valve will fit I don't see that it can do anything, because to inlet is blocked. The valve would just be there for looks and if its plugged in it will stop P0402 and P0403 but you will still get P0401-low flow. Now I'm not sure how the PCM sees the flow??? but I know it will set that code.
The basic kit you are looking at has a plug for the port on the up pipe and is easier to install, the deluxe kit gives you a new up pipe, that can be tuff to change. both kits will get the job done.

2015 Challenger HellCat Redline Red 8sp
1997 F350 4X4 CCLB PSD
2004 Jetta TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 11mm pump S7 PP764's 3bar MAP
1986 F350 CC Dually 6.9 ATS turbo lowered
1984 Mark VII 2.4 BMW Turbo Diesel
1970 Roadrunner 383 4sp
1970 Cuda 426 4sp Dana 60
1956 F100

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03whistler View Post
28 views and not one response sweet!
There are two reasons why you see things like this. The first and main reason is because you ask a question that is a very common one that can be found with a simple search. Let's face it you have a 9 year old truck (if its an 03) so I bet your question has been asked at least once before if not a hundred times. There arent too many things that havent ever been discussed on here that you cant find without searching. The second reason is just that, you have asked a question that hasnt been asked before and no one or only a coupe of folks know the right answer to your question. Either way some just like to see what was asked and will read when someone knowledgable posts. Bottom line do a search or two and see if you can find your answer. Does getting a response like "I dont know do a search" help your cause any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmangary View Post
IDK if the EGR valve will fit with the "block off plate" from the kit installed?? (a couple of days ago I could have figured it out but the trucks back together now) If the valve will fit I don't see that it can do anything, because to inlet is blocked. The valve would just be there for looks and if its plugged in it will stop P0402 and P0403 but you will still get P0401-low flow. Now I'm not sure how the PCM sees the flow??? but I know it will set that code.
The basic kit you are looking at has a plug for the port on the up pipe and is easier to install, the deluxe kit gives you a new up pipe, that can be tuff to change. both kits will get the job done.
The main reason for leaving the egr valve in place is for the appearance of a stock truck. On some trucks it wont cause a check engine light if it is plugged in and others the check engine will still come on even if the valve is plugged in. If you are debating between an egr delete that removes the cooler and one that blocks it, I woud recommend just removing the cooler unless you want to upgrade the egr cooler and have to leave it there for emissions. JMO.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
There are two reasons why you see things like this. The first and main reason is because you ask a question that is a very common one that can be found with a simple search. Let's face it you have a 9 year old truck (if its an 03) so I bet your question has been asked at least once before if not a hundred times. There arent too many things that havent ever been discussed on here that you cant find without searching. The second reason is just that, you have asked a question that hasnt been asked before and no one or only a coupe of folks know the right answer to your question. Either way some just like to see what was asked and will read when someone knowledgable posts. Bottom line do a search or two and see if you can find your answer. Does getting a response like "I dont know do a search" help your cause any?

The main reason for leaving the egr valve in place is for the appearance of a stock truck. On some trucks it wont cause a check engine light if it is plugged in and others the check engine will still come on even if the valve is plugged in. If you are debating between an egr delete that removes the cooler and one that blocks it, I woud recommend just removing the cooler unless you want to upgrade the egr cooler and have to leave it there for emissions. JMO.
It pisses me off to no end to see someone say "Do a search." Have you tried the search eng on this website or a couple of the other Powerstroke forums? They absolutely suck.

You would have a better chance at searching yahoo and google. I have left several forums all because there are people who feel it is beneath them to help someone help. The least they could do is help out with a link or something.

So I applaud you sir for answering his question.

2007 F-250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab Longbed. Only mods so far is Banks High Ram Air System, Rhino Lined Bed, Draw Tite 30k Gooseneck Hitch, Edge Insight.

Recent Mods: SCT Tuner, EGR Delete, Oil Cooler Replacement, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Blue Spring Mod, Sinister Coolant Filter and 08 20" wheels
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 12:14 PM

Yes the search engines on these things do suck. Nevertheless, it just pains me to see the same question pop up here maybe a few days to a week apart over and over again. I realize that folks are looking for help and at the end of the day if they dont get the responses they are looking for they can usually find what they were looking for with a google search. That was/is how I find stuff so I guess it would be nice if they mentioned that they tried that in their post and then wrote a question specific to what they were wanting to know. Just my $.02

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 03:45 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Yes the search engines on these things do suck. Nevertheless, it just pains me to see the same question pop up here maybe a few days to a week apart over and over again. I realize that folks are looking for help and at the end of the day if they dont get the responses they are looking for they can usually find what they were looking for with a google search. That was/is how I find stuff so I guess it would be nice if they mentioned that they tried that in their post and then wrote a question specific to what they were wanting to know. Just my $.02
I agree completely. I try and search for stuff but eventually get frustrated and give up for a while. Between the 3 or 4 forums I frequent I can usually find the answer I am looking for.

I just hate seeing folks answer with just a do a search answer.

It's all good though. Sounds like we are feeling the same pains and remedy our pains very similar.

2007 F-250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab Longbed. Only mods so far is Banks High Ram Air System, Rhino Lined Bed, Draw Tite 30k Gooseneck Hitch, Edge Insight.

Recent Mods: SCT Tuner, EGR Delete, Oil Cooler Replacement, 6.4 Banjo Bolts, Blue Spring Mod, Sinister Coolant Filter and 08 20" wheels
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Yes it does and just telling someone to do a search without providing anything is pretty much useless.

My only gripe to the OP was when he posts a comment like his second one, the only thing he/she accomplishes (even while it IS very frustrating to see only views and not responses) is making themselves sound like whinny little bitches and I know that that is how I would be perceived if I did the same in my questions. So I just take it and if I dont get any responses, I presume that no one really knows and I just search else where or make the best educated guess I can make. Hope this makes sense. I just get frustrated with whiners and whinning doesnt do anyone any good. Ok sorry, I will let it go now. Thanks for the discussion.

Nate

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Yes it does and just telling someone to do a search without providing anything is pretty much useless.

My only gripe to the OP was when he posts a comment like his second one, the only thing he/she accomplishes (even while it IS very frustrating to see only views and not responses) is making themselves sound like whinny little bitches and I know that that is how I would be perceived if I did the same in my questions. So I just take it and if I dont get any responses, I presume that no one really knows and I just search else where or make the best educated guess I can make. Hope this makes sense. I just get frustrated with whiners and whinning doesnt do anyone any good. Ok sorry, I will let it go now. Thanks for the discussion.
I know exactly what you mean. No worries here whatsoever and enjoyed the discussion as well, even if it was at his expense.

Take care my friend and maybe we can discuss on some other subjects later. I'll see if I can "search" for some good ones.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
matt

Tough crowd around here lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode