How do you think this setup would work?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

How do you think this setup would work??

I am curious how well you think the following setup will work, i.e. Power Output, towing ability, EGTs, spool up, etc:

A batmowheeled 62/70 non-VGT turbo (sorry, I'm not very versed in turbine wheel sizes so feel free to expand on that)

190cc injectors with 75% nozzles (not sure on nozzle size as I may do a twin setup later, hence the 190s. And even with twin turbos, I would only be looking for ~575HP on fuel only.)

GoGo Stage 1 Intake Manifold

My goal is at least 500 RWHP if not over, with quick spool up and over 400 RWHP for towing. I presume the injectors can be turned down to keep EGTs in check and of course the truck would be tuned.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:54 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: How do you think this setup would work??

you will be well over 500 with that set up closer to 6. for towing 190 is as big as you want to go and im sure you know that. set up looks good to me!

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 PM
i like to party

that will be my setup, a 62/65/70 spools super quick with the right tuning

190/75's will be perfectly fine with the right runing.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Well that is good to know. I mostly concerned with spool up time since we all know that non-VGTs flow plenty up top.

What about the 62mm non-VGT turbo that RCD sells? Would that be a good turbo for this application or should I stick with a bullseye batmowheel and just get the RCD pedastal kit? I know on their website they only call for 155 injectors but like I said, I would plan to have those tuned down.

What do you all think boost would reach with such a turbo? I am thinking close to 40 psi, which if it made that I would be happy.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 11:49 PM
i like to party

the rcd turbos are fine, just make sure you get the .70 housing, anything larger will be too laggy.

No one that I know has tested the 62 batmowheel, but the Industrial 62/70 is tried and true and is well known to make over 500 hp and be great for towing even with 190's. Im going with that single to start so i can build compounds down the road.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 11:59 PM
PSN Veteran

id go with the batmo just because i dont like RCD and wont deal with them but thats just me

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Well that and the batmo probably flows more. Nevertheless, I still like how RCD mounts their turbos but that is nothing more than my opinion.

Nate

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:12 AM
i like to party

rcd's turbos are great actually... I would just go with the bat and buy BD's pedestal. Doug was supposed to be making his won mount kit.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
rcd's turbos are great actually...
Are you serious or being facicous? Couldnt tell. I should point out that I am only looking to tow when I do tow at most 12k lbs. That would be great to see what Doug has cooked up.

Nate

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Sponsor

I can get you Warren injectors I'm running 190/50 on mine now and towed about 12k over the weekend it worked fine. I have a 65mm Vgt turbo with them.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode