Powermax+Batmowheel=what Injectors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Powermax+Batmowheel=what Injectors

All right, sad to say but I have taken enough of a shine to this truck to warrant looking into so performance upgrades. I would like the truck to be a good driver and a good tow rig. To me there is no point in hopping it up at all if towing suffers since that's what it was designed to do in the first place.The current plan is this. Powermax with a batmowheel, injectors and a good tune. These are the questions.
1. Is this turbo setup suited for towing?
2. Will I need to Head stud it?
3. What would yall suggest for injector size?

Your suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated.

2004 F-350 CC/SB 4" downpipe and exhaust and thats it 220,000 miles strong
2002 F-350 CC/LB AFE Cold air, 4" turbo back, Rosewood Stage 2 Sticks and supporting chip. 4" lift on 35s. 150,000 miles strong
Just another Duramax guy seeing what the competition is raving about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Reppin' the 6.4L

Re: Powermax+Batmowheel=what Injectors

Yes, yes, and 155's-175's.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 AM
PSN Veteran

get some 155's if you want it really realiable. or you warren diesel and get 155cc bodies with stock nozzles. it will give you a slight gain and better fuel mileage all around

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well, head studding is in the plans but I was hoping to get away without it for awhile. Oh well, it’s gotta happen sooner or later. Might as well do it right if I’m gonna do it. Just gonna have to wait a bit longer to get the funds up. For now I will probably just put a Batmowheel in the stock turbo when I have it off to clean it. Then get a good tune in it. Anyone got ant sugestions? Speaking of tunes, I have heard nothing but horrible things about Banks, Edge, Bully Dog exc. since I started poking around the diesel forums. It seems odd to me that these big companies with all their money for R&D would produce such ####ty products. Why is that I wonder? Regardless, I have come to trust (for the most part) the advice and opinions that I find on this forum. And it seems to be the general consensus that it is not wise to run any of the Banks, Edge, Bully Dog exc. tuners. But this is probably a topic for another thread.

Thoughts, theories and opinions ?

2004 F-350 CC/SB 4" downpipe and exhaust and thats it 220,000 miles strong
2002 F-350 CC/LB AFE Cold air, 4" turbo back, Rosewood Stage 2 Sticks and supporting chip. 4" lift on 35s. 150,000 miles strong
Just another Duramax guy seeing what the competition is raving about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM
<--won't start

make a list of everything you want

take each individual component of that list and research the crap out of it, you will find a plethora of threads asking and answering anything you are thinking of throwing at you're truck.

Once you figure out the pieces you want, then look up the vendors and figure out which one you want to do business with.

Hindsight being 20/20, i personally would never do any modifications till i had an egr delete done and studs put in.......sh!t is all roses, till you throw out a white smoke screen down the highway....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
PSN Veteran

banks, edge, bullydog and people like that dont tune the tranny as well when they tune the motor. this causes hell on the tranny and leads to failure. banks also uses a module which intercepts the info from the PCM and mixes it up and then spits it out with more power. thats the general idea of the banks. anyways thats why you can change them on the fly and its really not good on anything. same way with the edge juice. now the evolution and the bully dog not to sure about but i know they dont do anything with the tranny. sct does and thats why we all use it

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
PSN Local

First, welcome to the site, I too am new on this site. I researched my truck for almost a year and have read more posts than I can remember. You'll want to get a SCT tuner. I have a X3 with custom tunes from Innovative Diesel and it made a world of difference. The thing with SCT tuners is it also tunes your transmission. The others don't. I run the extreme street as a DD and get good mpg and have the power when I want it. I do what I can to keep the skinny off the floor, but do have fun with it. I have a batmowheel ordered and am getting Warren 155cc sticks. I wanted a little more power, but need to be able to pull 12K too. You'll want to go with Warren or Casserly for injectors. Warren are less $$$. The thing with injectors is you'll need to look at other parts to make sure they will last. A quality fuel pressure gauge is a must. A new fuel supply would be smart, AirDog II is one of the best IMO. Banjo bolts, you can get them on Ebay or use Ford 6.4l Banjo's and the updated Fuel pressure spring. I'll look up the part number for the 6.4 banjo and the spring.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 08:18 PM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

Please read there is a reason why its up there.

Horsepower Goals for 6.0. - PowerStrokeNation

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode