Time to start the build - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Time to start the build

Im going to be doing this a little at a time. When the cab is off i am going to do head studs the master solution kit from mkm customs although i have a egr delete kit all ready so i will see if they can keep that and the black onyx head gaskets. From what i read the oem ford ones are better now And get the heads checked. Also while The cab is off i want to do dozer diesel regulated return. How many people have heard of him or run his return? That's what i plan to do while the cab is off. The next thing i want to do is the tranny is it better off i buy all the pieces and let the tranny guy be me build it? what do i need if i do that? or would i be better off getting it from nadp or suncaost im open to suggestions. Also once i save up again i want to do injectors from warren diesel probably 175s since i pull trailers and a 64mm non vgt turbo from river city diesel and custom tunes from innovative and eventually a tuned 58v ficm from swamps. like i said this will take a while since im not rich. If anyone would like to make a suggestion im open to them and any help thanks!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sucperchips flashpaq, banks ram air, 4"mbrp straight piped rcd egr delete leveled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Sponsor

Re: Time to start the build

I'd let someone such ad napd or suncoast that's familiar with the 5r110 do the build. Cost a little more but worth it IMO. Everything else seems ok be careful when choosing housing and exhaust wheel for that turbo so it's tow friendly and not laggy. Some other cheap insurance would be a coolant filter. If you would like pm me and I can get you some prices on Warren injectors. I run them in my truck and love them. Also I can help set you up with right size injector for your needs.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Rcd 64 is too big if you tow eavy and lots. When will people fugure this out. If you have to tow at 55-65mph or around 1800rpm in overdrive. You'll hate that charger. Don't care where you buy it but 62/65/70 is the largest some 155-165 with 75% nozzles. Nadp trans all the way

2006 F-350 crew cab dually 4X4
225cc injectors, CRD twin turbo's
Fueled by Gibson's

2003 F-350 crew cab
[email protected]

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:50 PM
PSN Veteran

agree with shawn on the turbo. The 64mm will be too big if you tow especially haveing a big exhaust wheel on it. If you really want a non vgt turbo do like he said or go with the powermax.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 07:19 PM
PSN Veteran

NADP Trans all the way, you will not regret that choice, Powermax IMO is the best middle of the road turbo for all-around usage.

2011 6.7 yet to be ####ed with.... Yet...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERIOR OFFROAD INC. View Post
Powermax IMO is the best middle of the road turbo for all-around usage.

It drops right in and if you go with larger injectors you can add a batmowheel if necessary to help lower EGTs if you need it.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ok thanks for all the imput, Where have yall gotten your studs from as a kit and what did you pay for it? the one im looking at is like 1600 to much?Complete Solution(TM) for Ford 6.0L Powerstroke with Sinister EGR Delete Kit, Oil Cooler, ARP Studs and SCT X3

also i want to see if they will swap the black onyx out with ford oem and see if they will take the egr delete out since i all ready have one, and it comes w 3free tunes how are mkm customs tunes? also how many tunes can a x3 hold?

sucperchips flashpaq, banks ram air, 4"mbrp straight piped rcd egr delete leveled
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

or would i be better off with this kit? MKM Complete Master Solution Kit for 6.0L Powerstroke (Sinister EGR Delete, ARP Studs, Gaskets, Oil Cooler)

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Factory ford gaskets

2006 F-350 crew cab dually 4X4
225cc injectors, CRD twin turbo's
Fueled by Gibson's

2003 F-350 crew cab
[email protected]

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Sponsor

Deff what Shawn said on the gaskets.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode