Tow/Haul for WOT with SRL+? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

Tow/Haul for WOT with SRL+?

Okay, so I was messing around today, and when going WOT, I swear the truck pulls harder in Tow/Haul mode. Not only is it completely spooled when I mash it, the transmission is already in the correct gear, and it just pulls and pulls, and pulls. No lag at all.

Also, IIRC, the torque converter is locked in all gears when in Tow/Haul mode, making it like X-Race, in a way? The shifting is also greatly improved while in Tow/Haul at WOT. Oh, and Tow/Haul had slightly cooler EGT's, just like it does when I'm towing (I've seen a 200° difference while towing in Tow/Haul versus no Tow/Haul)...

So, is this just me being stupid? Or am I onto something? I also tried it in stock tuning, and the truck pulled significantly harder.

Usually I don't have many good ideas, but when I'm onto something, it's usually good... My last idea was that the Edge Insight did not read boost correctly, and after my thread, it is now widely known that the Edge Insight is inaccurate for reading boost numbers on most trucks.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 04:13 AM
i like to party

Re: Tow/Haul for WOT with SRL+?

I'm not certain if the TC its locked in all gears but its locked above 40mph I know that for a fact. Maybe someone else will chime in on this

My trucks acts very similarly
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 AM
PSN Veteran

i need to remember this when i am runnin down the track next time esp when im racin my dodge buddy haha!!

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 AM
PSN Newb

I thought the exact same thing

2003 F250 Lariat 4x4
Edge Insight CTS
aFe Stage II
7" Mitre Cut Stacks
SCT X3
Coolant Filter
EGR Delete
ARP Head Studs
Fuel Pressure Spring
6.4 Banjo Bolts
Airdog 150
Regulated Return
58v Innovative FICM

2.7" Leveling Kit
18" Diamo Wheels
35" Mud Grapplers
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Caterpillar Tech.

Looks like i will have to try this and see...

2006 F350 SRW 4X4
SCT Livewire with gearhead tunes
Egr delete
Sinister diesel coolant filter
8k HIDs
4" mbrp
35x12.50x17 nitto trail mt
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

Oh, and it has an extra bonus!!

It has the built in engine brake that will slow you down very quickly, and cool the EGT's when you let off the skinny pedal... So whether you're going down the track, or you're on the street and you see the Po-Po, it'll help you slow down!!

Blake

4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Reppin' the 6.4L

Keeping this bumped up... I wanna hear from some of the pro's.

Blake

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
PSN Veteran

Ok so I'm having a stupid moment. THe title says SRL tune but yet you speak of the Tow/Haul tune?? So are you saying your loving Matt's Tow tuner over the Street Race Light??? If so this is very interesting as I've run his SRL tune for almost three years now and have never loaded the Tow tune.......hmmmmm

SRL tune will def talk to ya and that bitch will pull hard but egt's climb very very fast......So if your getting a good pull and power with lesser egt's on Tow I'd be willing to listen.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM
WOOOOO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshsrh View Post
Ok so I'm having a stupid moment. THe title says SRL tune but yet you speak of the Tow/Haul tune?? So are you saying your loving Matt's Tow tuner over the Street Race Light??? If so this is very interesting as I've run his SRL tune for almost three years now and have never loaded the Tow tune.......hmmmmm

SRL tune will def talk to ya and that bitch will pull hard but egt's climb very very fast......So if your getting a good pull and power with lesser egt's on Tow I'd be willing to listen.
He's asking if its better to run the SRL in Tow/Haul mode or not in Tow/Haul mode.

I've found with Erics tunes it doesn't make a difference as far as track times go with it. I've run his Xtreme Race in Tow/Haul and out of Tow/Haul at the track. No difference whatsoever in times.

2008 F-250 CCSB Lariat, AFE Stage 2, 4 inch straight pipe, RCD 71mm Batmosphere, DashDAQ, SCT Livewire w/IDP tunes, Traction bars, suspension stops

621RWHP [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Elkton, MD

PSA# 60
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
PSN Veteran

hmmm ive never even used tow/haul on mine...

07 ford f250
Josh Vandyke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode