powermax and towing? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

powermax and towing?

im wondering what turbo to install since the factory one went out. i was wondering if a powermax would be a good choice i have a 05 f350 drw. bone stock except for a k&n cai and a sct x2 no customs tunes or anything. the only thing i do with the truck is tow a 13k 5th wheel camper. how will lag and egts be? thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life
Re: powermax and towing?

egts will drop greatly and you will see a small power gain and the lag isn't bad.... lots of guys running the powermax on factory trucks.... get some custom tunes and you will love it.... i say ditch the k&n though.... those things are nothing but a dirt sucker

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

thank you i can wait to see how it does. the k&n came with the truck what would you recommend for an intake and customs tuning

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93cherokee View Post
thank you i can wait to see how it does. the k&n came with the truck what would you recommend for an intake and customs tuning
i run a visteon replacement box with a paper element air filter on the factory turbo and never had a single issue, setup is 145$ at your local parts store and as far as tuning we have many reputable tuners for 6.0's n this site, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] diesel, [email protected]

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 AM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

And I have great pricing on PowerMax turbos and intakes as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:31 AM
PSN Veteran

I have the powermax and just a tune, the lag is noticeable. If you plain to stay stuck I would go stock. Pulling trailers in colorado I have a trubo bark. That what a tuner called it. The higher the elavtion the more it dose it. With a 5-10k trailer at 60-70 it sucks to drive. Stock I can't even pull my trailers at 75. The more fuel I give it the better it is. Egts I didnt see a change. Its a good turbo if you have more fuel.

2006 CCLB 4x4 King Ranch 2"lift 35's, S&B, sct tunes by Innovative, Quick Tricks, Powermax, 6.4 Banjo bolts, coolant filter, edge insight, 4" turbo back.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twan View Post
I have the powermax and just a tune, the lag is noticeable. If you plain to stay stuck I would go stock. Pulling trailers in colorado I have a trubo bark. That what a tuner called it. The higher the elavtion the more it dose it. With a 5-10k trailer at 60-70 it sucks to drive. Stock I can't even pull my trailers at 75. The more fuel I give it the better it is. Egts I didnt see a change. Its a good turbo if you have more fuel.
have you tried a different tuner?

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:33 AM
<--Spy Vs. Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twan View Post
You already said it, but keep in mind that elevation plays a HUGE roll.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

228-365-0698
Sheep only have two speeds, 'grazing' and 'stampede'.
Regulated Returns are on SALE!!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 AM
PSN Veteran

Yes, Eric at IDP and quick tricks. Both fo they same thing. And yes, it's elevation. I'm at 4500' and it will be fine with tow tune, at 6500-11000 it gets worse and worse. I think it's the air is so thin that I don't have fuel to keep it on boost.

2006 CCLB 4x4 King Ranch 2"lift 35's, S&B, sct tunes by Innovative, Quick Tricks, Powermax, 6.4 Banjo bolts, coolant filter, edge insight, 4" turbo back.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

twan you got me a lil worried now. i just ordered my powermax thats about all i do with my truck is tow im not looking to put a whole lot of mods to it besides a tuner and a better intake. thats what was driving me nuts was the barking while towing my camper and trying to accelerate with out kickin down a gear. i was told by a couple people that the powermax would be fine for a stock replacement. so should i send it back when it arrives and buy a stocker? 60-70 mph is about all i drive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode