H&S black maxx have to be plugged in to stay tuned?egr delete? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
zfsix4our

H&S black maxx have to be plugged in to stay tuned?egr delete?

My mother has an 03 6.0 and I have an 08 6.4 and currently have my truck tuned with the the h&s black maxx. My question is can i just take my tuner out and flash her truck with a tune for the mileage and return my tuner to my truck? Im sure you can but some insight would be helpful. She also wants me to do an egr delete too,which brand should I go with and how many hours am I looking at? Im sorry for all the questions Im not familiar with the 6.0 for the most part. My father has had 3 and egr coolers have gone on every one of them. I just dont want to see my mother broken down one day when i can prevent it. Truck has about 270k and still running strong completly stock.

2008 F250 XL RCLB zf6 h&s,kem,AFE,4 in dp,mpd manifolds and up pipes, mpd ported rails,pushrods,valve springs,arp's,precision wg,71mm batmosphere,hp batmo,coolant and fs2500 bypass,mag hytec covers,south bend dd 3850,no limit hot/cold piping,ccv,chrome grille,toyo oc 33's

1997 F450 XL zf5 regular cab 11ft utility bed 5.13 diff
some goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:29 AM
PSN Newb

Re: H&S black maxx have to be plugged in to stay tuned?egr delete?

I believe if you want to use the tuner in another truck you have to return your truck to stock before you remove it. I believe your chip stays flashed after you remove the tuner but it won't tune another truck.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 AM
PSN Local

The black maxx gets VIN lock when you load it on your truck, so you can't load a tune on multiple vehicles, you'd have to return your truck back to stock than load it on her truck than it would be VIN locked to her truck.
As for an EGR delete, idk, check Rudys.

2008 F250 KR CCSB AT MINIMAXX AFe PG7 5" straightpipe. SOLD!

2007 F250 KR 4x4 CCSB Scan Gauge II, SCT SF3, Gearhead's SRLXX, ARP's, PMM's EGR delete, PMM's coolant filter, Rancho 7000's, IDP FICM tuning, blue spring, Wicked Wheel, No Limit Fab CAI.

2006 GMC Savanna 3500 6.6 LBZ Duramax work van

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
zfsix4our

Alright thats bad news for her then. Ive heard rudys is great, Il check it out. Thanks a bunch guys. I still cant believe shes on stock coolers still haha.

2008 F250 XL RCLB zf6 h&s,kem,AFE,4 in dp,mpd manifolds and up pipes, mpd ported rails,pushrods,valve springs,arp's,precision wg,71mm batmosphere,hp batmo,coolant and fs2500 bypass,mag hytec covers,south bend dd 3850,no limit hot/cold piping,ccv,chrome grille,toyo oc 33's

1997 F450 XL zf5 regular cab 11ft utility bed 5.13 diff
some goodies
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
PSN Local

EGR cooler is a byproduct of another problem. it isn't the actual problem.

If the EGR cooler blows up, the Oil Cooler is toast. Rather than deleting the EGR cooler, why not replace it with a Bulletproof EGR cooler? About the same money. Then you don't have to worry about emissions, tuning to kill the CEL, and the fan not coming on due to EGR being unplugged

2000 Excursion
2012 Challenger R/T
2015 Tahoe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode