Installation of the raptor fuel pump - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Installation of the raptor fuel pump

Alright guys, my raptor kit showed up tonight, so i started reading though the directions and im slightly confused. Now iv hooked up a few fass fuel and air dogs kits before on different trucks, which makes me feel completly stupid for asking this. But as im reading through the directions and looking at the factory pump set-up im following all the lines and looking at the pump there are two lines into and two lines out of the factory pump. Now i know that one is the pressure line and the other one is the return line. And installing the fuel supply line is not an issue, but if i remove the factory pump what happens with the return line. I hope im just missing something?

Here is a link to pump instructions

http://www.pureflowairdog.com/manuals/R2SPBF358.pdf

Page 10 is where am loosing it lol

Sold puller-1997 f-350 12 valve 913 p-pump, big charger, big fuel, SBC, and so on
Puller-1979 Ford S/B, 60 front, 10.25 rear, 5.13 gears, ockers, 503 BBF, C6 with 2500 stall
DD-2005 F-250 c/c s/b 6.0L lariat, 6" lift, 35"m/t's, 18x12's, 58v ficm, gearhead tuned, 6.4 banjo's, raptor fuel system, 5" exhaust and a CAI
**No Non-sponsor Links**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
NSTY 6OH

Re: Installation of the raptor fuel pump

It appears with that pump, you just keep the factory return line to the tank.

2006 FORD F-250 FX4 6.O REGULAR CAB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Built motor/studded/fuel system/tons of bolt ons/exterior mods/lots of gauges/bottle fed/etc

Tuned by Matt Robinson of Gearhead Automotive Performance
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 04:19 PM
PSN Veteran

you have to link both ends of the return line that went in and went out of the pump together. All i did was cut the ends off and installed a couple fittings and made a braided stainless line that linked the return line back together. Here's the fittings you'll need....Earl s Performance 165056ERL - Earls Performance AN to Tube Adapter Fittings - Overview - SummitRacing.com
. You'll need two of them. I can get pics of how i did mine. My fuel system consists of a low pressure FASS pump system pushing fuel to a fuelab pump where the factory pump was located. I made all of my fuel lines of braided stainless and anodized fittings. Only thing stock about my fuel system is the fuel tank.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Caterpillar Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
you have to link both ends of the return line that went in and went out of the pump together. All i did was cut the ends off and installed a couple fittings and made a braided stainless line that linked the return line back together. Here's the fittings you'll need....Earl s Performance 165056ERL - Earls Performance AN to Tube Adapter Fittings - Overview - SummitRacing.com
. You'll need two of them. I can get pics of how i did mine. My fuel system consists of a low pressure FASS pump system pushing fuel to a fuelab pump where the factory pump was located. I made all of my fuel lines of braided stainless and anodized fittings. Only thing stock about my fuel system is the fuel tank.
I would like to see some pics of your return line....

2006 F350 SRW 4X4
SCT Livewire with gearhead tunes
Egr delete
Sinister diesel coolant filter
8k HIDs
4" mbrp
35x12.50x17 nitto trail mt
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thats what i figured but wanted to double check, so i talked to pureflow first thing today, and come to find out there install manual is incorrect, where it says you can remove the the factory line and pump. so that made me fell a little better. Also had 1 line that was in my kit that was wrong. So i have a new line coming from them in the morning,
I also just found a gentleman about 20 mintures away from me that can make the quick disconnect flare on the line, so im going to have him make me a line with the factory style flares on it and just put in place of where the pump wasand still use the factory quick connects.

Sold puller-1997 f-350 12 valve 913 p-pump, big charger, big fuel, SBC, and so on
Puller-1979 Ford S/B, 60 front, 10.25 rear, 5.13 gears, ockers, 503 BBF, C6 with 2500 stall
DD-2005 F-250 c/c s/b 6.0L lariat, 6" lift, 35"m/t's, 18x12's, 58v ficm, gearhead tuned, 6.4 banjo's, raptor fuel system, 5" exhaust and a CAI
**No Non-sponsor Links**
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 01:20 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06deezel View Post
I would like to see some pics of your return line....
Here's what it looks like. This pic is where the braided line hooks up to the factory return line going back to the tank. The other end of the braided line is hooked to the factory return line coming from the engine. I just linked both ends of the hard factory return line together with the braided line and fittings where the factory pump was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (119.0 KB, 37 views)

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode