6.0 not running after new injectors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
6.0 stroker

6.0 not running after new injectors

yes i have a 2005 ford f350 with the 6.0 in it it has 160,000 miles on it and needed new head gaskets and two injectors. I took it all apart put head studs in, new head gaskets in, oil rail crossover tube, and went ahead and bought new 155cc injectors for it.... the thing is it tries to start but acts like its not getting fuel oil pressure is good have fuel pressure truck will start and run on either but soon dies have checked and everything is pluged in and everything is working.... can someone help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:08 PM
6WHOA

Re: 6.0 not running after new injectors

how long have u cranked on it

04 Ford F-350 ccsb, a lil 66 providing air some 250's fueling an airdog pushing some nitrous to clean it up and some H-11's holdin it down. A fully built suncoast moving it down the road!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Hood Rich

Send a message via AIM to CTC DEEZUL

cycle the key 6 times.... fuel pressure will show good, but your aireted.... 6 times is the magic number to get all the air out

NWI Coal Rollers Association

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Local 444- Rolling Coal Teamsters
via Beans Toonz
DI SS Up-Pipe
GTP38R

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
6.0 stroker

Been working on it for 4 or 5 days now turning it over me and a buddy cracked the fuel lines to check for fuel and run air out of it today.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Hood Rich

Send a message via AIM to CTC DEEZUL

that doesnt do it.... cycle key 6 times 30 seconds each...

NWI Coal Rollers Association

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Local 444- Rolling Coal Teamsters
via Beans Toonz
DI SS Up-Pipe
GTP38R
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
6.0 stroker

nope still doing the same thing im barrowing a scan tool thet u can do test on everything and i tured the pump on while my buddy was down and ran the pump about an half hour so shouldnt be any air
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:04 AM
PSN Veteran

Pull your ICP sensor and make sure you have oil. (crank engine and see if oil comes out) Next crack the plugs on the back of the heads to make sure you have fuel.(cycle the key to turn on fuel pump) Make sure your batteries are fully charged and crank!!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haun View Post
nope still doing the same thing im barrowing a scan tool thet u can do test on everything and i tured the pump on while my buddy was down and ran the pump about an half hour so shouldnt be any air
What pump is it...stock or aftermarket? The factory pump wont stay running long...maybe 15 seconds or so when the key is on and truck off. If you turn the key on the pump still start but shut off automaticly after a short period.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 03:09 AM
PSN Local

I'm guessing you jumpered the pump to stay on...so if you have fuel....put the scan tool on it, check icp while cranking.no high pressure oil, no start.you probably just have air in the hpo system still.or a really big hpo leak.how long would you say you've cranked the engine over total? Its takes a bit to get the air out of the hpo system.and if you use either, please make sure the glow plugs aren't running when you squirt it.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
6.0 stroker

I can hooked my scan tool up to it and i can turn on and off and test electrical units i used it to turn the pump on with the key was on and while the key was off but its running stock pump.. and i got oil coming out of the oil crossover tube so have oil pressure and the gauge showed good pressure when it ran on either.. but i say i have turned it over about 7 or 8 hours now and nothing has really changed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode