205cc and rcd race 66mm - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

205cc and rcd race 66mm

what do you think this set up would 205/100 with rcd 66mm race non vgt turbo sould put me in the low 12s right ?

some parts to try and go fast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:36 AM
BRING DA AMBALAMPS

Re: 205cc and rcd race 66mm

low 12's....prolly not. mid 12's...yeah

2005 CC FX4...compounds and everything else that goes with em.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:31 AM
<sideways skyscraper

high 12s if you can spool it off the line

06 CCLB 8" lift 37s 22s 8300#

[email protected]

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
PSN Veteran

i've heard good things about RCD turbo's. Their turbo's aren't much different that anyone else's. RCD's turbo's along with trusted's, II's and some others start out as BW chargers. Each company does their own little touches such as drain lines, feed lines, pedistal, adapter flange, polished housings. I wouldn't worry about doing business with them. I think most people had issues with RCD injectors is because of installation for the first time. I had issues with my very first set of Dynomite Diesel injectors i got for my truck. It was in no way DP's fault...it was mine. O-rings got cut when i had installed two injectors. Down the road few months later i had two injectors loosen up. couple months after that the other two on the same bank loosened up also. Come to find out i didn't clean out the injector holder bolt holes before i torqued them. When i got the casserly sticks...i was very thorough when i installed them. Not to mention torqued them a few ft lbs more than the factory spec. A very thorough installation of injectors is key. And for the first time installer that don't know, will have issues. I think the guys that had issues with the RCD injectors were first time installers. I also understand that sometimes there will be issues that don't result from installation error, but RCD i believe is a great company that stands behind their products and will take care of issues that aren't a result of installation error. I myself wouldn't hesitate from doing business with them again. I've talked to Josh, Ron, and Jared and all seem really nice.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
i like to party

I've talked to Josh about turbos and he was pretty easy going and knew what he was talking about... but im sorry they dont know how to rebuild an injector for ####... a buddy of mine when we were installing his 180's from rcd they injector top fell off, and has another screw missing on three others...
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
i like to party

i was quoted for a 62/68/70 with bat from bill for $1650... then you need the pedestal kit from BD or Turbonetics.... RCD turbos come with all the lines pedestal, adapter flange etc so its a really good deal
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:41 PM
PSN Veteran

only bad thing about bullseye turbo's is they don't have the normal sized turbine housings. So you'd hafta buy the bullseye turbo then buy the housing you want from someplace else.

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
i was quoted for a 62/68/70 with bat from bill for $1650... then you need the pedestal kit from BD or Turbonetics.... RCD turbos come with all the lines pedestal, adapter flange etc so its a really good deal
Exactly! By the time you get the bullseye turbo then the installation stuff for it(adapter flange, drain line, feed line, pedistal)...Your spending as much if not more than a RCD turbo. $2450 for an RCD 66mm turbo with everything for the install isn't bad. Heck, i paid $2450 for the 64mm turbo i have on my truck now...and RCD's 64mm turbo is $2250.

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
i like to party

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
only bad thing about bullseye turbo's is they don't have the normal sized turbine housings. So you'd hafta buy the bullseye turbo then buy the housing you want from someplace else.
when i spoke with Bill he said i he could build me any combination turbo I wanted.. can you explain further?
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
when i spoke with Bill he said i he could build me any combination turbo I wanted.. can you explain further?
Well, i was under the impression that you can only get what turbine housings they offer for the turbo you want. The only normal size housing i see that guys use is the .70a/r for the 66mm. Here's a list of them
Bullseye Power Turbos
The other sizes just seem either way small or way large

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode