Turbo rebuild?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Turbo rebuild??

I am going to do oil cooler next week. I am curently running a 62/80 II turbo. While taken apart I would like to rebuild / upgrade wheels to the turbo. I know there is the batmowheel for stockers and pmax. And I know a lot of the twinned guys play around with different wheel setups. Are there any options for my 62/80?

2004 crew cab 4x4. 180cc RCD injectors, II 62/80 Turbo, FASS 150, S&B intake, 4" turbo back, EGR delete, ARP studs, Innovative tuning, Precision Industries Torque Converter, Transgo Shift Kit, Billet Trans input, Edge insight,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Caterpillar Tech.

Re: Turbo rebuild??

I think they do have a 62mm batmowheel that would work on your turbo....give bullseye turbo a call

2006 F350 SRW 4X4
SCT Livewire with gearhead tunes
Egr delete
Sinister diesel coolant filter
8k HIDs
4" mbrp
35x12.50x17 nitto trail mt
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 03:50 PM
i like to party

The drop in batmowheel's are only for stock turbochargers,

You'll have to buy a whole new turbocharger to get a batmowheel 62 fromm bullseye. If you want to rebuild that 62/80 I would highly recommend getting BD's diverter valve, it will significantly increase spool up time

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Caterpillar Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
The drop in batmowheel's are only for stock turbochargers,

You'll have to buy a whole new turbocharger to get a batmowheel 62 fromm bullseye. If you want to rebuild that 62/80 I would highly recommend getting BD's diverter valve, it will significantly increase spool up time
I think they made the wheels for the s300 base turbo also

2006 F350 SRW 4X4
SCT Livewire with gearhead tunes
Egr delete
Sinister diesel coolant filter
8k HIDs
4" mbrp
35x12.50x17 nitto trail mt
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 PM
i like to party

yeah they make them, but not drop in's they only make the s300 wheels to be used with their turbos as they modify the compressor cover as well.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yeah I called the guy at bullseye today and he said he could sell me a compressor cover and billet wheel for $700. But honestly what kind of gains would I see from that? $700 worth???

2004 crew cab 4x4. 180cc RCD injectors, II 62/80 Turbo, FASS 150, S&B intake, 4" turbo back, EGR delete, ARP studs, Innovative tuning, Precision Industries Torque Converter, Transgo Shift Kit, Billet Trans input, Edge insight,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
i like to party

you will probably see a decent gain to be honest, the 62mm batmowheel flows like a 64mm charger and spool up will be quicker..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

From my understanding (which may be wrong considering I spoke with bullseye after a 12 hour night shift) he said it was just a billet wheel and not a batmowheel.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ok scratch that. Jus tlooked at bullseye's site again. says they offer the 62mm wheel. and I guess I would have to get the "race cover" so the batmowheel would work on the II turbo?

pizza pig. what would your estimate of a ..decent gain.. be? bc on the website they are saying 100whp. I honestly dont see that. Not saying it wouldnt be REALLY nice, especially with lower EGTs. But honestly???100whp??? Doubt it..

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM
i like to party

Honestly I dont even know if they would sell just the housing and the batmowheel separate you have to call them again or e-mail Bill Divine over there and ask if they will.

As far as gains I cant say i'e never used one (yet) but if a 62 flows like a 64 than with proper fueling you will see gains in that ballpark no doubt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode