I need some quotes please - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
diesel and nothing else

Send a message via Yahoo to amarillo250
Exclamation I need some quotes please

Here we go, I start to build my truck and need some quotes for the following parts, please.
1. H11 headstuds
2. Powermax turbo
3. Sct touch screen with custom tunes
4. Regulated return
5. injectors 155 or 175, please educate me.
6. oil/antifreeze heat exchanger delete.
7. intercooler

I got cash in hand and if the price is right I order in the next couple of days.
If somebody can hook me up with the set-up and can install it as well I'm willing to drive.

06 F250 CCSB, still working on it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to FCDP and all the guys on here for their help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Sponsor

Re: I need some quotes please

Proably get the best deal by getting your parts and labor at the same place. That would be a looong drive to my place I don't think you wanna do. But if you just want the parts I cab help you out.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

[QUOTE=amarillo250;1640944]
1. H11 headstuds
2. Powermax turbo
3. Sct touch screen with custom tunes
4. Regulated return
5. injectors 155 or 175, please educate me.
6. oil/antifreeze heat exchanger delete.
7. intercooler
QUOTE]

1. I would recommend ARP headstuds over H11s. H11s are almost twice as much and dont do hardly any more than ARPs. You can get ARPs for $400 and H11s cost like $750. JMO on that.
3. I would just get a SCT either SF3 or X3 and an Edge CTS. You will have a little more into it than the price of the TSX but it is a better monitor IMO that allows you to expand it to monitor whatever your PCM doesnt without having to go out and get any more gauges.
4. A RR kit is up to debate on how good it actually does. For the money you would probably be better off getting an Airdog II and just doing the 6.4L banjo upgrade and blue spring and then if you dont like it, go with a RR kit. Atleast this way you have a stronger pump that the factory lift pump. ~$670
5. Injector size is going to depend on what you plan to do with the truck. If you tow heavy then you are probably going to want to stick with 155s. If you do light towing ie less than 12k I would go with 175s. You can always turn them down for towing and back up for street. JMO. Go with either Warren or Casselry Injectors ~$3500
6. EGR deletes are a dime a dozen. They all do the same thing and work good. Get a $150 kit off ebay that has the uppipe u tube and block off plate and you will be good to go. If you want to delete your oil cooler then look at bullet proof diesel. Nice quality kits but cost 1900 to 2300 depending on what you want. For you the $2300 kit will be what you want because it would have a thermostat in the system that will allow the oil to warm up much quicker.
7. Most guys are going to recommend a Mishimoto Intercooler as I think they can be had for around $600 and all aluminum but spearco and banks look at $1200.

Hope this helps.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Sponsor

He pretty much summed everything up.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
diesel and nothing else

EGR is done from RCD, the injectors makes sense. The thing is with the SCT, I like to change from towing to drive to economie tune on the go, because sometimes thats what I need, with-out the done time of reprogramming every single time.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods

You cant have shift on the fly with these trucks unless you dont mind screwing the transmission. The TSX does not do shift on the fly tuning. The only proper way to tune your truck is with a tune for each type of driving you want to do.

Nate
06 F350 4x4: Non-VGT 67mm Turbo, WPE Big Oil HPOP, HD 215/85s, Race Ported Intake, NB/Warren Tranny, and some other stuff.... 100k miles and counting....

06 F250 2wd: Stock... EGR delete, Race Ported Intake, and a mild street tune.... Leaking HGs

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING (WPE)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator

The reason being is a good tuner actually installs the program to the ECM
a shift on the fly device Hijacks incoming and outgoing signals to the ECM and modifies what is sent and received ,,while it is handy it doesn't address the transmissions added stress and has been known to cause issues

that being stated a device like the SCT may take a while to load the initial program but changing between tunes is only a short couple of minutes tops to switch

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
diesel and nothing else

ok thanks guys for the short education and it is taken. still like the touchscreen for the gauges. :) and easy of use

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Ski Bum

Send a message via Skype™ to J HO 22

Want to drive we can do everything.

502-316-8872
CALL OR EMAIL FOR PARTS PRICING
2005 EXCURSION
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
diesel and nothing else

Quote:
Originally Posted by J HO 22 View Post
Want to drive we can do everything.
Whats the time frame for the work and I need a quote, please

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode