SCT X3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

SCT X3

I got my custom tunes for my truck and when i try to load them it says incorrect vehicle.When i load my custom tunes onto my truck do i go through strategy or custom tuning

2005 f-350
5 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust
Soon to be gear head tuned and egr deleted
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 03:12 AM
No Mo 6.0

Re: SCT X3

Plug it in and choose tune vehicle with custom tunes. It should download the stock file then load the custom tune. After the custom tune is loaded use the X3 to save your stock file on your computer so you have it if anything happens to the tuner.

New
09 F250 Stock
Old
285/75-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
5" TB MBRP no cat
SCT w/Xstreet from Innovative
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Administrator

dbl check the vin you sent the tuner

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

The vin is correct i checked the device and it says married how ever it does not say rather it is locked or unlocked.

2005 f-350
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Administrator

was it new ?
or in other words whats the history on the SCT ?

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I got the tuner from a friend his truck was turned back to stock and sold me the tuner . I loaded my tunes onto the device atleast think i did i changed the name of the files on the tuner so they are not tow street and race anymore. says it still has 5 unlocks left and has my stratogy on it. The onlty thing i may have done wrong when i got the files in the email i didn't download them i just saved them to my desk top.

2005 f-350
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Administrator

were you able to download onto the SCT your stock tune

Did u update the SCT ?

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Download my stock tune from the truck to the programmer? When i plugged the tuner in to tune the truck ii went load custom tunes a percentage bar came up and when it got to 100% it said to turn key when i did so it almost automatically popped up and said wrong vehicle.

And no i did not update the sct I dont really know how. Sorry im kinda a rum dum when it comes to this stuff.

2005 f-350
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Administrator

i would try to update first
I will see if I can find a link

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Also when i press tune vehicle it give three opyions stratogy tune custom tune or return to stock. Does this mean it wasnt taken off the other truck when it says return to stock?

2005 f-350

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode