Radiator - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Radiator

What do yall think about this? Just came across it and was wondering if would help keep things a little bit cooler?

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...roke-2681.aspx

Custom tunes by Eric, Arp headstuds, 5" tbe, Banks high ram intake elbow, black onyx gaskets, afe stage 2 xp, zoodad mod, coolant filter, Cat elc, 6.4 Banjo's, Upgraded blue fuel pressure spring, Smoke switch, EGR delete, New oil cooler(85k miles), Glow shift EGT and Fuel Pressure gauge, Dashdaq for eot, ect, and etc..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 04:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Radiator

Never heard of them but Mishimoto makes a nice Aluminum radiator for not much more.

Moderators are the best!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 PM
6.0 money pit

i dont like my aluminum radiator. the end tanks being aluminum and not plastic honestly seems to keep it hotter and not dicipate heat as well.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 PM
PSN Newb

I have a Mishimoto aluminum radiator and intercooler on my 2004. They both fit, cool and look great. They also have a lifetime warranty.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 AM
PSN Veteran

didnt do anything for me but make it look cool although i needed one when i screwed mine up and wasnt about to pay 600 for a factory one

2009 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4, H&S 300HD, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, S&B intake, sinister egr delete, 4" BDS lift with fox shocks, 20x12 fuel nutz, 37" toyos, Custom painted headlights by me, fusion bumper with rigid led lights
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstroker View Post
i dont like my aluminum radiator. the end tanks being aluminum and not plastic honestly seems to keep it hotter and not dicipate heat as well.
what do you mean SEEMS to keep it hotter. does it, or not?

What situations? were they the same?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
6.0 money pit

the truck runs at the same operating temperatures as it did with the factory radiator. no problems there, what is a problem in my eyes is the engine compartment gets much hotter with an all aluminum radiator. it also holds the temperature for much longer.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstroker View Post
the truck runs at the same operating temperatures as it did with the factory radiator. no problems there, what is a problem in my eyes is the engine compartment gets much hotter with an all aluminum radiator. it also holds the temperature for much longer.
I know what your saying. Got an aluminum radiator from bulletproof. Feels hot as hell near it.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
'05 Excursion

It fells hotter 'cause it's radiating more heat, radiating more heat means it's cooling more efficiently then the stock rad will with it's plastic end tanks which has less surface area to dissipate heat with.

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode