Lift/Speed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Lift/Speed

Hey guys, i am new to the whole diesel thing. My truck is a 2004 F250 King Ranch. Its stock other than an mbrp 4inch straight. I want to jack it up, but i want to stay fast so i can keep up with all my buddies. just want some oppinions on how big i should go. pictures would be nice as well.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Lift/Speed

Probably stick to 4" with 35's. I didn't notice much of a power loss with 35's. 37's I did, then 40's a little more...
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layson View Post
Probably stick to 4" with 35's. I didn't notice much of a power loss with 35's. 37's I did, then 40's a little more...
I was thinking 2inch but i dont know how noticable a 2inch lift is?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 11:10 PM
PSN Apprentice

I have 8 & 38s. If I could do it over again, I would do 2.5 leveling kit, 35's & 20's.
With that setup...looks ballin', very practical & still fast.

2002 White F-250 ECSB 7.3 Toyo, Fuel, Swamp,AFE,MBRP.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Aint Got Non

going big hinders go fast plans in the future

--------------------------------------------------
Donnie... 06 F350 Harley leveled ang exhaust. Does the job!
USCG "Sea life is the only life"
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
PSN Veteran

it really depends how involved you want to get with the truck, if your not looking to dump a ton of money into the motor to make it fast than i say the level kit or 4in to get some 35s in there and be happy....if your looking to make this truck fast down the road with motor upgrades (turbo injectors tunes ect..) then i would go big...

i have 10 in and 38's and love my set up...but truck has to be practical for what you need it for....

completley stock truck...just a simple cat back system....and maybe a few other odds and ends
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

well i plan on gettin a lot of motor work done. egr delete, head studs, head gaskets, and intake are on the way as we speak. i might just go with a 2inch suspension and if i feel like i want to go bigger, go bigger. what do you guys think?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
PSN Local

my 06 has a 4 inch lift and 35's . thats what id suggest for you. its taller and clean looking and isnt too drastic at the same time. you could also throw in a 1 or 2 inch body lift just so its a little taller too.IMAG0364.jpg

2006 CCSB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AirRaid
SCT
MBRP
Warren

35in ToyoMt
20x12 -44 Fuel Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duceswild View Post
Based on simply adding estimated Hp value I was nearly there before the Head Gasket dumped on me.

Stock- 325Hp
K&N- 30Hp
4" Straight Pipe- 30hp
Innovative Extream Street Tune- 160Hp
Innovative FICM Tune- 30Hp

Sum= estimated 575Hp
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Power Junky

I've seen a lot of guys go big then go back. Mpg and performance get hindered when going up. You can regear as well but as stated a lot go back to stock or roughly 2" or leveling kits. I think a leving kit and 35" tires has a clean look personally. I will be doing at least tires next spring and I'm really up in the air with weither to go to 35" tires or 33" tires. With 33" tires on my 04 I noticed no power loss or mpg loss. The truck looked better as well. With 35" tires I lost a little bit on fuel and power. I don't drive my truck nearly as much as I'd like and normally when I do it is in 600+ mile trips so mpgs plays a big factor for me at this point.

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
I've seen a lot of guys go big then go back. Mpg and performance get hindered when going up. You can regear as well but as stated a lot go back to stock or roughly 2" or leveling kits. I think a leving kit and 35" tires has a clean look personally. I will be doing at least tires next spring and I'm really up in the air with weither to go to 35" tires or 33" tires. With 33" tires on my 04 I noticed no power loss or mpg loss. The truck looked better as well. With 35" tires I lost a little bit on fuel and power. I don't drive my truck nearly as much as I'd like and normally when I do it is in 600+ mile trips so mpgs plays a big factor for me at this point.
I have a 4' lift and 35's and iam goin back down to stock height with some 20's and terra grapplers but that just my preference i like the lower look better. plus iam short easier to get

7.3 in progress
AFE StageII, 5" pipe, TSD Six pos chip , Cobalt three pillar gauges. Harley's, HID's and Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 05 conv. huge want list!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode