Haze at start-up and belt squealing - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Haze at start-up and belt squealing

My truck has a slight white/blue haze at start-up. Its a steady haze (not a cloud like when the EGR gets stuck). It goes away after driving for a while.

Also, the last two times I have driven it, the belt has started SCREAMING. Pretty sure the belt needs replaced, but how can I check the alignment and tensioner before I ruin a new belt?

All of my mods are in the signature.

Thanks

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 - Innovative Tunes, Edge Insight CTS, aFe Intake, 4" DP - 5" StraightPipe, Level Kit w 36" Toyo MTs, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Water Pump, ARPs, freshened and updated turbo, 6.4 Banjos, Blue Spring, CCV Mod, Fumoto Valves (coolant plugs), Mobil DelVac 5w40, CAT EC-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Village Idiot

Re: Haze at start-up and belt squealing

Well a little basic, meaning the tensioner has to be really shot but pull the belt off and spin it does it roll smooth or extra rough like bearings shot etc..everything else run good alt, water pump ac etc...

Not much but a place to start.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Thanks for the reply. I ended up changing the belt today. The pulleys all looked good. I was more worried about the spring on the tensioner being weak, but the belt simply had some dryrot/wear. I think the tensioner is fine.

I still have no idea if the haze is normal. It happens in both hot and cold weather. If the truck is started and left idling, it will haze for atleast 10 min. But when I drive it for a few miles, the haze goes away. Any clues?

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 - Innovative Tunes, Edge Insight CTS, aFe Intake, 4" DP - 5" StraightPipe, Level Kit w 36" Toyo MTs, BPD Oil Cooler, BPD Water Pump, ARPs, freshened and updated turbo, 6.4 Banjos, Blue Spring, CCV Mod, Fumoto Valves (coolant plugs), Mobil DelVac 5w40, CAT EC-1

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:07 AM
<----Nice headlights!!!

injector? Or the washers in the injector cup might be bad or installed incorrectly. Im not real sure.

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
The Muscle Hamster

Thanks Ty. How would I check the injectors?

Anybody else on the haze?

2005 F250 w 6.0 PSD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 PM
<----Nice headlights!!!

Im not real familiar with the 6L but heui systems designed by Cat have to have similarities in design. You'd have to pull the valve covers and pull the inj's and replace the o-rings and washers. There is no way to 'check' them.

Its either the inj's or something directly related to them or you have compression issues in your motor.

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode