little help please - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

little help please

ok, so im new to this forum as well as new to owning a diesel. ive been around diesels my whole life and just bought my first one.
it is a 2005 ford f350 harley davidson with 170,000km and im looking at doing some things to it...right now it just has muffler and cat cut out with 5" tip.
im wanting to do a new full 4" system with 5" tip and wondering is there any benifits of using a bolt on system to an exhaust shop?
also im wanting to do a tune(probably sct) and whatever else to make it good(intake, head studs,egr delete).
please give me some input on what i should do, thank you
and where i can get good deals..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:44 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: little help please

Any of our site sponsors will do what they can for you on the prices. Ask around the Sponsor forum for the parts you are wanting.

For the exhaust I suggest MBRP since they fit great and have tons of configurations. The SCT should have custom tuning to get the best gains. Leave the intake stock till you need more HP. An EGR delete, coolant filter and oil by-pass filter are GREAT additional mods. Include a set of gauges or an EDGE CTS to keep track of the motor parameters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

just wondering is there an adavantage to the mbrp kit compared to an exhaust shop doin it? i am friends with the owner and he will give me very good price

2005 ford f350 harley davidson

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 PM
PursuitInterceptor

MBRP will have a new down pipe with their full kits. They can be bought in T409 or T304 stainless steel for longer life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode