FICM and ECM/TCM rollback - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

FICM and ECM/TCM rollback

Is this something I need to do with a 2003 Dually 6.0? It's a stock truck and runs great. Just was suggested and I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks
Dave

2003 Fire engine red F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat.
Blue fuel spring, coolant filter, EGR delete, Banjo bolts, Rotella T 5-W40, ARP, DE 4" turbo back, Farmers 175/75's, SCT with Vivian's tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 11:54 PM
bring the chain

Re: FICM and ECM/TCM rollback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Is this something I need to do with a 2003 Dually 6.0? It's a stock truck and runs great. Just was suggested and I haven't heard of it before.

Thanks
Dave
Never heard of this rollback.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Power Junky

It all depends on your pcm and ficm strategy. The strategy is basically the factory tuning designation. Most believe the earlier strategies had the most power and best mpg. As ford added updates mpgs went to crap and so did power.

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 02:46 AM
PSN Veteran

There are four ECM strategies that have poor performance output, and rolling them back to a preferred strategy can correct that issue. Bill (at PHP) dynoed our 6.0L this weekend with one of the crappy strategies and then again with one of the preferred strategies. He'll be posting dyno plots on our website since we are frequently asked what exactly is the benefit of rolling back an ECM. (In addition, customers who have their FICMs reprogrammed don't always see the optimum results of FICM tuning if they have a poor ECM strategy.)

The dyno plots should be on our website later this week (maybe even as early as tomorrow). I'll try to update this thread as soon as I have any info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
The reason you can't get any radio stations is so it will be quiet enough in the cab to hear your rods escape.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

That's great news. So I need to get an Oasis report and it'll tell me if I've had adjustments and if so, I'm more than likely suffering some in performance?

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see the difference.

DAve

Blue fuel spring, coolant filter, EGR delete, Banjo bolts, Rotella T 5-W40, ARP, DE 4" turbo back, Farmers 175/75's, SCT with Vivian's tunes.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Administrator

The Oasis may not spell out the strategy,, someone with an SCT can read your strategy for you or an A/E etc or the dealer but that may cost you

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

It has the following repair. Looks like it was reprogrammed but it was in 04 when they did it. Does that matter?

-CK SEEMS TO RUN ROUGHER THHAN NORMAL LACKS POWER

-REPROGRAMMED PCM,TCM & FICM EEC (QUICK TEST) DIAGNOSIS PER SSM 17567

This one is from 06
-CUST STATES LACKS POWER WHEN ACCELS HWY SPEEDS, WORSE WHEN COLD

-REFLASH PCM TO 3U7A 12A650 FTF.6.0 PERFORMANCE DIAG STEPS 1 10A,11,13,VGT TEST,FOUND LOW BOOST,CLEANED VGT SOLENOID,VALVE NOW OPERATES PROPERLY,NO NEED FOR REPLACEMENT AT THIS TIME.CLEARED CODES(P0299),ROAD TEST,RECHECK,NO FURTHER PROBLEMS NOTED

Another from 06
-CUSTOMER STATES THAT THE 06E17 IS DUE

-PERFORMED 06E17, REPROGRAMMED PCM, AND TCM

New turbo in 06 which is good and explains the reman tag on the turbo.

Injectors 2 and 8 were replaced in 08. Otherwise, everything looks good.

What do you guys think??

Dave

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Actually, these are all from the same visit in 06 and the intercooler was swapped too for a seal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode