Airdog relay control lead - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Airdog relay control lead

Directions say to insert the mini fuse tap into a spare fuse holder but I do not have one. Also says "OR" remove mini fuse tap and splice the relay lead to the OE fuel pump lead. Can anyone tell me which wire to splice into?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: Airdog relay control lead

What year is your truck? For my 2006 it's Pink/Black for the Fuel pump relay, switched power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Its an 05. I assume I am splicing into the plug that is going into the OE Pump from the front of the truck?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Yes that sounds correct.

Page 29: Fuel Supply System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks for the info man. I wired it up today. I have not been able to plumb it yet as I need to waste some fuel so I can drop the tank. My brother in law wasn't willing to help me with half a tank.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
What year is your truck? For my 2006 it's Pink/Black for the Fuel pump relay, switched power.
You have any suggestions as to how to cap off the factory fuel supply line? I could cut the quick connect off and shove a screw in the line but would like to keep the quick connect in place if I ever have to put the factory line back on in an emergency.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Cincy Powerstroke

did you use a sump or connect the fuel line to the top?? if you used a sump you can use the quick connect fitting included with ur airdog kit and go buy a cap for it @ lowes or home depot. if you connected ur fuel lines at the top- ur gonna have suction issues under 1/4 tank of fuel, but you could take the quick connect fitting to a hardware store and make the same thing.. hope this helps!

SOLD-05 Harley Edition 250- leveling kit and 08 leaf conversion with PMF hangers, 20 xd monsters, 4in straight MBRP exhaust, Elite EGR delete, ARP studs, water/meth injection, hybrid II turbo, AD 2, hellmann sump, SCT tuned by Innovative and Matt @ gearhead..

Middletown Firefighters Local 336
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I got it all installed today. All seems fine. I did not go with a sump. I only had a couple of gallons in the tank when I installed it and didn't have any suction issues. I hope it stays that way. I ended up cutting the factory line and putting a screw in it to plug it. I will get a barbed coupling and keep it in the truck incase I ever need to put the stock fuel line back on.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 PM
PursuitInterceptor

I bagged both ends of my supply line. Since they both get disconnected I just left them in place as is and used sandwich bags with zip ties.

You dig.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I have gone through two tanks of fuel with the Airdog150 installed without a sump. I even did some offroading yesterday with only about 2/3 tank. I was worried because I had alot of steep ups and downs. My fuel pressure gauge never moved off 62psi. If I was sucking in air would the gauge move?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode