cab lights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

cab lights

ok i got a sunroof on my truck and i wanted to order those recon cab lights but is there enough room to mount them and can you mount them in front of the sunroof like theres no wires running up that far i think i am just being paranoyed. if any one has pics post them up thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Banned

Re: cab lights

Yes you can mount them in front of the sunroof and if i can get some pics from my friend i will show you.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
PSN Local

i have a sun roof and put cab lights in it. no big deal. i will see if i have any pics of the install.

35 inch Hankooks with a level lift and F350 rear blocks, AFE stage 2 intake, Procomp dual steering stabilizer, HID headlights, Westin bull bar with Procomp lights, Dodge Cab Lights, Edge Evolution Programmer, coolant filter, Sinister EGR delete, smoked tail lights & 60 inch LED bar, straight piped, high idle mod, ZooDad mod

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Administrator

sunroof and cab lights was a factory option
but before you order that brand read the link below , I couldn't have written about the quality any better! I would get the ford oem kit and harnes and use the smoked lenses from recon if that was the look your after ?
Mounting Recon cab lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ya i want to get the smoked ones but i wanted the LED ones
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Administrator

I'd find a different brand

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM
CDP
^^ Not Cobbs

Send a message via Skype™ to CDP

I have had the Recons for over a year and no problems what so ever. And I have sold numerous sets with no problems. Let me know if you need them I would be happy to help you out bud.

Trey
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Administrator

they still are not as well made as OEM like the link proves
the electrical connectors were never meant to be mated together so make sure you secure those well because it sucks to rip it apart and do it later .
they painted the black on the tinted units right over the shiny chrome base so it will last no time before peeling.

they do not provide mounting hardware only screws that are made to install into nylon inserts that you are to obtain ,, so I suggest using your own hardware

these are the indisputable facts and they do not give a rats ass about it.. beleive me I try to tell MFG's when I notice issues some are great
some make excuses some never respond tey fell in the middle

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

so how easy are they to mount and wire ? from what i have read everyone just says measure measure measure and dont drill to deep ? and then where do you run the wires down through the pillar ?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

well what would be a good set of smoked cab lights then Zmann?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode