What turbo for 175cc injectors? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What turbo for 175cc injectors?

I'm looking for a turbo to match up to my 175cc injectors. I was thinking the next size up when compared to the Powermax. I'm just not sure who makes a good turbo or what will work well with it so there isn't much lag or surge. I'm guessing I should stay with a vgt unless someone can tell me why a non-vgt would be better. Any ideas would be appreciated...thanks

-- I have studs, a fuel system, and all that so it's ready for hp. Just trying to avoid any unnecessary questions. Trying to decide on this soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:46 PM
PSN Local

Re: What turbo for 175cc injectors?

I had elite's 225's with my stock turbo drove it to Suncoat for Dyno day about a 7 hour drive made 744/1189 with nos and then as soon as I pulled off the dyno drove the 7 hours back home with no coolant puking or over heating. You could spend the money for a different turbo if your wanting to make more hp on #2 only but otherwise I would just wait to the stock one went out and spend your money to beef the truck up a little like a good converter or trans. I've seen trucks pick up 75 rwhp just with a built trans and it's a good investment because once you start modifing your not going to be able to stop believe me.

10's ???
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:46 PM
PSN Veteran

what do you use your truck for? you will most likely be better off with a powermax or stock. if you want to go bigger than a powermax you can run an elite diesel vgt ssx. it will have more lag than the powermax though.

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlow6.0 View Post
I had elite's 225's with my stock turbo drove it to Suncoat for Dyno day about a 7 hour drive made 744/1189 with nos and then as soon as I pulled off the dyno drove the 7 hours back home with no coolant puking or over heating. You could spend the money for a different turbo if your wanting to make more hp on #2 only but otherwise I would just wait to the stock one went out and spend your money to beef the truck up a little like a good converter or trans. I've seen trucks pick up 75 rwhp just with a built trans and it's a good investment because once you start modifing your not going to be able to stop believe me.
I'd rather make the power with fuel only. I plan on getting a built tranny but that's not going to be for at least a year or two. When that happens I'll probably add nitrous.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxracer42 View Post
what do you use your truck for? you will most likely be better off with a powermax or stock. if you want to go bigger than a powermax you can run an elite diesel vgt ssx. it will have more lag than the powermax though.
It's just a daily driver/twice a year track/occasional dyno truck. I saw some videos of the Powermax on Youtube with similar injectors and it smoked a lot. I'm just looking for something that will clear them up better. I was looking at the ssx on their website. It seemed like it was what I was looking for but it didn't get good reviews on the forums. They didn't last very long and some guy said he went through 5 of them. I don't mind spending the money for a good one but I'm going to be extremely p*ssed if it blows up a year later.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Car Ramrod

il have my 64 and diverter valve set up with 190s soon injectors showed up today il let yous no how she works out

64mm non vvt
190cc
FASS 95GPH
CFM
ARP's
IDP FICM
MBRP-4"
KMC Rockstars
BFG-KM2
pure performance 4 link
BD diesel Diverter Valve
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06f250powerstroke View Post
il have my 64 and diverter valve set up with 190s soon injectors showed up today il let yous no how she works out
Sounds good. Why did you decide to go with the non-vgt turbo?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Car Ramrod

flows alot more topend and they sound way cooler

64mm non vvt
190cc
FASS 95GPH
CFM
ARP's
IDP FICM
MBRP-4"
KMC Rockstars
BFG-KM2
pure performance 4 link
BD diesel Diverter Valve
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

nice...let me know how that works out for ya. Something like that could be an option
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Sarcastic Bastard

I've had a VGT-SS and 190's, and my wife's EX has 185's and a Powermax. I like hers better. But mine is still great.

Thanks Eric!

Thanks Doug!

Special thanks to Rich for helping me pick chargers for my newest mod!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode