Spy pics of BulletProof Diesel FICM - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Slacker

Spy pics of BulletProof Diesel FICM

So I was at the BulletProof Diesel shop yesterday to have my brakes done and the owners shared a couple ideas that they are working on and I was able to snap a couple of pics of one of their ideas. While their oil cooler and EGR coolers are excellent products, there are still other areas that are CONSTANT problems for 6.0L owners and they want to tackle them. :woot:

BULLETPROOF FICM
As we know the stock Ford FICM has its share of problems and many of us have had them fail at the worst possible time. From the poor solder connections to the substandard choice in semiconductors to the design flaws in the voltage amplifiers, the stock Ford FICM is a problematic part on the 6.0L's and resoldering components only fixes one of the many issues.

Based on my discussion with them, the BPD team has done R&D on their own design of Fuel Injection Control Module! It has redundancy and voltage adjustability built in to the design and replaces the inferior, substandard semiconductors with more readily available and more heat-tolerant components. They are also redesigning the clamshell case to improve heat transfer. Anyway, ON TO THE PICS!!!

While this is only the circuit board, they have shown me drawings and schematics of the new design and I am SUPER excited! I know that despite having them resolder my stock FICM, I still datalog FICM voltages whenever I tow because I'm am worried it will fail again. I simply CANNOT wait for these to be released because I will be running one on my truck. :thumb:

Shawn Carlson
Proud Navy Vet
2005 F250, CC, 6.0 PSD, FX4
(The Sweet Unit)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM
<-Dang Orders...EGR WHAT?

Re: Spy pics of BulletProof Diesel FICM

Great find Shawn, can't wait to see how these turn out on some trial trucks. I loved my 6.0 just not the small problems that could happen.

Tyler T
Sold to some lucky SOB
2004 6.0 CC FX4 Lariat
It had all the right things missing or added
6.7 In The Mix
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
PSN Local

need beta testers??

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:10 AM
In The Passing Lane

i wish they would make a harness to relocate the FICM as well. id like it over on the fender somewhere.

Garrett

2003 F-250 6.0 XLT CCSB 4WD 5R110- rebuilding it
1994 2500 12v RCLB 4WD 5spd- 382hp/1000tq gone but not forgotten
2000 GMC 2500 6.0 LQ4 4l80e RCLB 2wd
- stock
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:29 AM
PSN Veteran

I wonder what voltage they will run??
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:02 AM
PSN Veteran

ive went through 2 ficms in the last week lol. time for a new battery for the race truck haha.

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:03 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

You should be the BDP spokes person lol your truck has alot of there stuff doesnt it Shawn. Looks good though interseted to know what they are doing.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:03 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzhotrod View Post
Sounds like it will be adjustable (in some way or another)

2006 F-450 XLT 4x4 6.0 Auto 4.30L
Kelderman 4-Link Airbags, Lariat Seats, 2011 Mirrors
CTS, SCT, ARP's & oem Gaskets, BPD 6ph FICM
Spearco IC, Ported Intake, Powermax, 4" Exhaust
BPD Oil Cooler, Oil By-Pass Filter
46,000 miles
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzhotrod View Post
48V up to 58V
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxracer42 View Post
ive went through 2 ficms in the last week lol. time for a new battery for the race truck haha.
Damn, Matt! I knew you were hard on your equipment.... (There's a joke in there somewhere!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS View Post
i wish they would make a harness to relocate the FICM as well. id like it over on the fender somewhere.

Garrett
This makes sense and may be something they are already considering since they mentioned the heat and vibration from the stock mounting location. They are always working on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueF250 View Post
You should be the BDP spokes person lol your truck has alot of there stuff doesnt it Shawn. Looks good though interseted to know what they are doing.
Kevin, I just have the BPD oil cooler and EGR cooler. They have done a bunch of work on my truck, though. Their shop is in Mesa, which is just across town from me so not only is it convenient, but they are trustworthy and the kind of guys that give you honest answers. That and I like to see what they are working on next. Plus, they are just cool dudes to hang out with!

Example: my expensive rotors didn't last me 20k miles before they were warped (thickness variation if you wanna get technical! ). After talking to them for several minutes, we decided to go back to stock rotors and brake pads. They could have tried to upsell me on more expensive stuff, but they didn't. They compared the quality of steel and a bunch of other stuff that went over my head, but the fact that they didn't try to sell me something I didn't need says something about them as individuals and shows how they run their company. They have integrity and I will continue to take my truck to them to have it worked on.

Shawn Carlson
Proud Navy Vet
2005 F250, CC, 6.0 PSD, FX4
(The Sweet Unit)

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM
PSN Veteran

I like when I hear of someone liking and trusting their mechanic or shop!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode