Anyone running EDE tunes? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
StackinChipsLikePringles

Send a message via Skype™ to WoodBoy
Anyone running EDE tunes?

My buddy just ordered the tunes from EDE for his 6.0.. He was gettin their studs and all and was gonna get IDP tunes and he saw theirs and i told him if the tunes were as good as the rest of their products, then he will love them but i havent heard of anyone running them so he ordered them to try.. But i was looking on Youtube and couldnt find many videos but i found some really nice ones out of the few that are on there, but then found this one.. Whats up with this truck? Surely not the tunes

2010 F250.. Stock looking

What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
PSN Local

Re: Anyone running EDE tunes?

I've ran Tadds tunes since 03. Never had a problem with them. The insanity tune does fuel pretty hard.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:34 PM
PSN Veteran

not sure what the deal was in the vid, but if there is alot of fuel at start up...it will smoke alot when crankin or even try to fire but stall. Looks like maybe the tune had waaay too much fuel at start up.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Stock parts suck!

I ran them for the last two years and liked them...Insanity fueled hard but never really had any problems with high temps.

2005 F-250 4x4 SC LB
SCT X3 Elite Diesel with Insanity,K&N intake,7" Custom black single,33" BFG MTs,Usual gauges,ARPs,RCD egr delete,Southbend SD,Zoodad,updated STC,Recon lights,Black Onyx HG,and a tab at Ford SOLD

2002 Reg. Cab 6sp.
Tyrant tunes,straight piped, fuel/boost/pyro, SB single, AIH delete, 6637,Recons, and a pile of parts waiting
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:08 PM
PSN Newb

That looks like stuck injectors or a bad tune.....I ran Tad's Insanity a few times but ulitmately stuck with ID's Extreme Race tune as my daily driver and have over 100k miles on it....The shifting is perfect and great power....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:34 PM
i like to party

that video is a case of a bad FICM and seriously bad stiction

nothing wrong with the tunes, if youre in high elevations tadds tunes are great because theyre build for the miles high elevations. Where as everyone else is down closer to sea level.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:27 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
if youre in high elevations tadds tunes are great because theyre build for the miles high elevations. Where as everyone else is down closer to sea level.
Tadd can build his tunes just like any other custom tuner. If someone is closer to sea level he'll build a tune for it. The same goes for Eric at ID or anyone else writing custom tunes. I'm sure just because Eric at ID is closer to sea level than Tadd is doesn't mean his tunes are built for lower elevation and vise versa. And i'm sure there are tons of guys out west in higher elevation running ID's tunes. Any tuner can build tunes no matter what elevation.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:37 AM
i like to party

Oh by no means am i saying one cant do what the other can, Just saying tadds got more experience (as far as i know) than eric at those heights being based there and tuning trucks on the regular. But also coming to thinking of it these guys travel the country for racing events so what would I know. This is why I leave it to these guys for the tuning and not myself
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 03:31 AM
NHRDA Diesel TV Host

I puke with Tadd's tow tune, and Eric's tow tune is AWESOME. I get 19-21 mpg with both insanity and Eric's extreme race. Their shifting styles are a little different also, but thats just personal preference. Both are awesome!

'04 F350. Typical Mods with tuning by Tadd and Eric and Matt.
'06 VW Jetta TDI. Stock. 42mpg

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but Fords with big turbos excite me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenThree View Post
People think I like girls because guys worth my time are as easy to find as crew cab powerstrokes in the 11's.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 03:51 AM
PSN Local

Take a look at the pics

Here is what I got with Elite Tunes and Elite Turbo. Called EDE for two weeks when I found what the problem was. Still waiting on Garrett (the person) getting back to me 6 weeks later to see if I can get parts for the turbo. He did offer me a Powermax for a great price of $1400! If I remember right this was $2300! Ran only EDE tunes.

Yes I got burned from EDE. Still waiting to see if they can sell me parts to rebuild the turbo as a back up but I am not holding my breath.

Wouldn't run their tunes again even if you paid me!

2004 F-350 DRW KR, Half Spartan/ Half Elite Motor with custom internals, 155 injectors from RCD (Spartan),Elite VGT-SS Turbo (now it is a paper weight
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) replaced with Power Max, ITP RR, Airdog II adj, Banks CAC tubes and intercooler, Amsoil Bypass oil filter, Elite EGR Delete, Elite Head Studs, AFE Stage 3 intake, 4Ē exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode