RBP or MBRP? i want to hear the whistle? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

RBP or MBRP? i want to hear the whistle?

So I need to put and exhaust on my 07 F250 6.0 Harley Davidson. I have no cat or muffler now and a piece of 4" welded on to the down pipe and it comes out in front of my rear tire. It's loud and I like it. Just beating the snot out of my rim. Can't take cleaning it all the time.

RBP is nice but pricey. Mbrp is lifetime warranty on ss and comes w 3.5"down pipe. Should I find one w 4" dp? Is 409 ss ok or should I spend the money on 304?

I don't want to wet to much quieter. Is the mbrp still gonna whistle at idle and bark with the throttle?

If there is cheaper brands out there but compare in quality and warranty let me know. I don't want to waste money on a name. I want sound and quality.

Thanks guys. And pics or videos to hear yours would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 02:06 PM
StackinChipsLikePringles

Send a message via Skype™ to WoodBoy
Re: RBP or MBRP? i want to hear the whistle?

MBRP sounds awesome on a 6.0.. Just buy it and smile

2010 F250.. Stock looking

What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Power Junky

The higher grade ss will look better longer. If you live in a area they use a lot of salt the ss is the best. I live in a dry area so for me I would likely choose a aluminized exhaust since it will probably last 10+ years and the cost is a lot less. Your likely going to put a tip on the end so the pipe isn't as big of a concern at least for me it wouldn't be. If it were me I would find the grade of ss you want or aluminized and then buy the least expensive exhaust kit. Imho there is not very much difference in the brands they all pretty much go from point a to b and the mufflers are nearly identical.

Randy
2006 f250 4x4 lariat cc swb 6.0psd torqueshift elec tcase soon to have isspro gauges air/fire/tranny/ fuel pretty much stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:16 PM
(520)465-7971

I would recommend MBRP. The fit and finish is great and I personally like the sound of their muffler a little more than others. Even with it on, it still has a nice whistle but doesnt get annoying on long drives. I just got a new shop truck and thats whats going on it.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
PSN Newb

I have the MBRP 4' turbo back fully coated to a 6 RBP tip....Best of both worlds....
The 2000 degree coating really helps on the downpipe for sure.....I just said screw it and did the complete exhaust...
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 05:05 PM
PSN Veteran

It doesn't matter what brand of exhaust you get, the whistle sound will nearly be the same as along as it's the same size and has the cat and muffler deleted. I run no ones exhaust system. I made my own stack kit and my truck whistles the same if not more than any other brand out there. Your '07 will not whistle as much as a truck with an '03-early '04 turbo.

2004 F-350 SC 4x4 6L....little bit of this...little bit of that
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 06:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
It doesn't matter what brand of exhaust you get, the whistle sound will nearly be the same as along as it's the same size and has the cat and muffler deleted. I run no ones exhaust system. I made my own stack kit and my truck whistles the same if not more than any other brand out there. Your '07 will not whistle as much as a truck with an '03-early '04 turbo.
What he said,

the whistle comes from the turbo and the lack of cat and muffler. If you really want the whistle you need to get yourself an 03' turbo.

06' F-250 CC SRW 4x4, 6" fabtech lift, bilstien 5100 shocks, 4" MBRP TB no cat, ARP studs, 2 JL audio 10" W0, 20x12 weld cheyenne 8's, 35x13.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ

BNIB 6.0 head with all related hardware, straight from FORD. For Sale PM me offers
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Sweet guys everyone is spot on. Is there places to buy a pipe to put on my self. Not a brand name just plain old ss 4-5" and have it bent for my truck. Sounds like this is the cheap way out. Im in CT if anyone knows what i need for parts please send me a list from turbo back. and how i can add a piece to swap cat in and out for emmissions time. thanks. No muffler or cat except to put in when test is due.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 PM
PSN Veteran

PM'd you!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Reppin' the 6.4L

Just go with MBRP's 4" Straight Pipe Kit for $250 to your door. That's super cheap, and much easier than bending/buying your own pipe and trying to fab up something.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode